What would be difference between Behringer Eurolive B115D and Atomic CLR

Yeah, it was in the store just switching between the 2 with recorded music. That is really all I could do.

Just from reading the varying opinions in these posts I really think it would benefit me to try a good FRFR before I buy. I think Sweetwater sells the Gemini now so maybe that would be an option for easy return if I decide I don't like FRFR for what I do. Actually Sweetwater is in Ft Wayne and I am in Central Ohio so it might be road trip time with my Axe FX Racked and ready. Didn't think about actually heading to Sweetwater for a day.

any of the top FRFR cabs made for modelers will sound good. PA speakers are not that. Atomic, Mission, Xitone etc are all intended to amplify modelers, they achieve that with varying degrees of accuracy. PA speakers were not made for that purpose at all. You can get anywhere from bad to great tones through them....but many times you have to compensate for the built in eq curve, and will often be thrown by how much you've had to do so when you hear it back through a more accurate speaker/system.

any of the top FRFR cabs made for modelers will sound good. PA speakers are not that. Atomic, Mission, Xitone etc are all intended to amplify modelers, they achieve that with varying degrees of accuracy. PA speakers were not made for that purpose at all. You can get anywhere from bad to great tones through them....but many times you have to compensate for the built in eq curve, and will often be thrown by how much you've had to do so when you hear it back through a more accurate speaker/system.

There's two things that matter here:
  • What do you hear? I don't know about the rest of y'all but if what I'm hearing sucks my playing will not be at it's best. I'll get by but it will not be optimal.
  • What does the audience hear? This is what I care about the most but I know that the audience impression is based much more in how I present it than the nuances of two different FRFR systems.
So the top priority is always what do I hear. If it sounds good to me, I'm gonna play better which means I'm going to relax and smile more which will improve audience perception dramatically. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a shabby FOH tone but I'm ok with me hearing the better sounding CLR and the audience hearing the K10s.

One thing to consider is that FRFR speakers might give you a better idea of what your sound will be FOH. If you're tweaking for a set of speakers that have more pronounced bass and highs, then the FOH might end up getting a more mid heavy response and that might not be what you are looking after. Anyhow, just a thought.

I'll chime in here too. The Atomic CLR is has a ton of clarity throughout the full frequency range. It doesn't have a "fat" sound meaning that it doesn't have a lot of power on super low frequencies and the low mids aren't hyped either. It is pretty darn flat and super super clear sounding. So no, it doesn't sound like a guitar cab at all. It sounds really good with a well crafted preset, and it also sounds excellent as a monitor for full range material or your favorite CD/album/mp3 tracks. It is a great sounding speaker.

Back
Top Bottom