What USB cable do you favor for Axe-fx II?

Ironwill

Experienced
Are there a specific high quality USB cable anyone of you use for recording with the Axe, possible to hearing a difference at that part? Iam just very interested about it.

No idea - just a thin, flimsy thing that would have come with a printer years ago. Never had a problem!
laughing.gif

A USB cable is transferring digital signals and I don't think that there is a better quality 0 or 1 ;P The only thing you could consider is the build quality. just my 0.02$ :)

As long as the USB cable is mechanically intact it makes NO difference which USB cable you use.
A "super USB perfected for Audio professionals" does not exists, a "hi-fi entusiast" company might try to convince you that such a thing exist, but a USB cable from a computer store will pass the digital signal just as well and "Sound" just as good.
Maybe there is a difference with really long cable lengths, I'm not sure, but someone else here will know and hopefully comment.
RB

Maybe there is a difference with really long cable lengths, I'm not sure, but someone else here will know and hopefully comment.
RB
USB 2.0 specify a maximum cable length of 5 meters and the specification requires the cable delay to be less than ~5 nanoseconds per meter. So i wouldn't worry about it ;)

I use two very specifically. All others have failed me over time.

The first is a MONSTER (yes, you read that right).
The second is from btpa.com

I throw away inferior USB cables at a rate you could not imagine. Quite simply, they fail, either completely or intermittently (and always at the least opportune time).

Last edited:
Thanks for your replys, I was interested because I was using a usual USB cable and switched to another by chance, I can hear a very slight difference by the recorded tracks with the same setup and different USB cable.

The Monster cable looks fine at any event, I ordered the black one and will try if it alters the sound to the better to me, maaybe. I know it's all digital way but iam sure its about isolation etc too, most likely. I've seen that there are high quality cables some audio people discuss on these and suggest. This one for example, 180 EUR here, for a USB cable thats a price.. Usb Digital Audio Diamond

Thanks for your replys, I was interested because I was using a usual USB cable and switched to another by chance, I can hear a very slight difference by the recorded tracks with the same setup and different USB cable.[/url]

This is quite literally impossible. As long as the signal is going through, it is going to be the exact same thing. That's the upside of digital.

^Agreed. Either it works or it doesn't. Any difference you hear is either your ears playing tricks on you or from another source. The result of a bad USB would no signal gets through... so sound dropouts, or no sound at all. There would not be a "tone" difference of any type. As Ben stated... it's the magic of digital.

This is quite literally impossible. As long as the signal is going through, it is going to be the exact same thing. That's the upside of digital.
I know, name me crazy but it does sound a slight cleaner!! I recorded a dry track, reamped it through the old cable then through the other USB cable to can listen the difference in the playback, I didn't heard it at tracking itself.

I know, name me crazy but it does sound a slight cleaner!! I recorded a dry track, reamped it through the old cable then through the other USB cable to can listen the difference in the playback, I didn't heard it at tracking itself.

Well, did you clean the connectors first?

No. You thought you did; unless one cable is defective and producing noise, they are the same tonally.

I've never given my usb cable a second thought, and I've never had one fail.

I was going to post a mocking snide remark, but then I read Matt's post. Hmm...

Back
Top Bottom