Votes: 29 74.4%
  • Stereo

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Wet/Dry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wet/Dry/Wet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thanks man. It’s okay though. I was kind of trimming down to a non-FX8 board (built it tonight) and was considering selling the TC and the FX8. However, after I built the board...

Drop > Tuner > Mobius > JHS @ > Invective > Mobius > El Cap > Dig > BigSky > Ditto

...I ran the right outs into the TC’s FX return. Wow. I may not sell the TC after all lol.
Hey, I sure hope you can keep the TC50 too. That sounds like a cool setup.

I have considered maybe getting a Quilter for running my right out's into the FX return to go stereo. Cheap, lightweight, and I could even program a preset or two to get me by as a backup rig if something horrible happened and the TC had some issues or something. My cab has stereo capability, so I wouldn't even have to bring an extra cab, although the stereo would be better with two cabs.

I guess I am the odd man out then. I am running stereo through my Mesa Mark V:25 and Mini Rectifier 25. I just play at home and jam once per week. If I was gigging, I would just use one or the other amp mono. It's fun to play in stereo! I also use a VOL block to be able to play through one or the other amp. Panning is fun for blending between the two with an expression pedal. One cool thing that occurs when panning between amps is that the FX are still stereo.

I have a couple rigs I'm currently using;

Stereo rig (although currently the two speaker cabs are stacked vertically and loaded into a 23 U Grundorf rack). It starts with a Carvin VLD1 preamp > FX-8, the stereo outs of the FX-8 > Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700 poweramp > into two Mesa/Boogie Thiele 1-12" cabs loaded with EVM-12L speakers. Even though the preamp is a pedal, mine is up on top of the rack and I use a Marshall two button foot-switch to change channels on the preamp.

The second rig is mono, Quilter Tone Block Overdrive 200 with the FX-8 in the fx loop > a single 1-15" cab loaded with an Eminence Commonwealth speaker. I also use another Marshall two button foot-switch to change channels on the Quilter.

Both great sounding dependable rigs with no power or rectifier tubes to be found anywhere.

Last edited:
Hey, I sure hope you can keep the TC50 too. That sounds like a cool setup.

I have considered maybe getting a Quilter for running my right out's into the FX return to go stereo. Cheap, lightweight, and I could even program a preset or two to get me by as a backup rig if something horrible happened and the TC had some issues or something. My cab has stereo capability, so I wouldn't even have to bring an extra cab, although the stereo would be better with two cabs.

Hola Amigo. I ended up keeping the TC-50. Still just using its power amp section for now, but am trying to figure out a way to use its preamp as well. The TC is so good it's a shame to be wasting its preamp section. Doing a wet/dry rig would be easy, but trying to figure out a full stereo implementation is chewing up a few brain bytes. :)

Currently, I am using a variety of different rigs live. Different gigs require different rigs :tonguewink:

That said, when using my FX8,the FX8 runs 4CM into my Splawn QR into a Marshall 4X12.
FX8 controls the Splawn and any effects. Sounds KILLER and is a VERY versatile rig.

FX8 (4 cable method) into my Fender Princeton Recording Amp - absolutely love it.
Being able to get the lovely fender cleans, and all the lovely effects from the FX8 is amazing.
It's my small gig/small jam rig - otherwise I bring my AxeFXii big rig

Back
Top Bottom