What to do with UltraRes cabs

jasonwb007

Inspired
This is probably a silly question, but what should I do with the UltraRes cab .syx files that come with new FW? I get a warning that it is about to overwrite a location '1' if I try to upload it, so I am not sure I should do that. I don't want to destroy the data I have on my unit. Should they overwrite the locations? Sorry I've not kept up on this, been too busy actually playing :)

If you're using Axe-Edit you can just drag and drop the IR files to your user cab slots using cab manage.

This is probably a silly question, but what should I do with the UltraRes cab .syx files that come with new FW? I get a warning that it is about to overwrite a location '1' if I try to upload it, so I am not sure I should do that. I don't want to destroy the data I have on my unit. Should they overwrite the locations? Sorry I've not kept up on this, been too busy actually playing :)

User loadable IR's go in a special section of user cab slots.

You are free to load / overwrite these user cabs any way you would like.

The factory cab section is baked into the firmware and you can't accidently change those. They are only subject to change when you reload firmware.

I guess what I was wondering is, are we supposed to replace the factory regular IRs with the high-res IRs in the same location? I had the possibly incorrect idea that the high-res cabs were simply an upgrade for what was already there.

Back
Top Bottom