What Prompted You To Buy A Fractal?

1. Was not satisfied with my current amp, pedals and sound. That time I did not own a lot of gear and didn’t have the money or interest to try out every single piece of gear, so I was looking for a long time investment. I already tried things like Amplitube with a cheap USB device but the latency was an issue. I was open for the idea of going digital but needed something more powerful.

2. Looking at how much different amps and pedals cost and realizing it would take me thousands of dollars of different equipment to land on something I would be satisfied with – if ever.

3. I’m always up for meddling with new technology and found the idea of amp modeling really interesting.

4. Not sure where I found about Fractal in the first place. Maybe IRC and/or searching web for better amp modelers.

No regrets whatsoever since 2012 when I got my first Fractal (Axe FX II).

Last edited:
Yep. This is what kept me from Line 6 in general.
My much-ignored OG Helix Floor has a new life as an effects /routing unit for my various synths and Eurorack stuff i have accumulated , so as not to have to use any amp modeling (TBH the most recent FW has improved the cabs significantly though)

Reactions: JTI
Idea came from @Chewie5150 over in the Gift of Tone thread where he said Mark Day's videos inspired him to enter into the Fractal world.

What was yours? Was it one of the main artists using the gear, or a video, or..., something else?

For me it was seeing @Cooper Carter demo'ing all 263 amps (at the time) with a song clip using each one. And then when I saw that John Petrucci used one as a replacement for his big 3 rack unit effects (Eventide, TC Electronic, & Lexicon), that sealed the deal and I just had to have one!

I have used Amp modellers for decades so Fractal were always on my radar. It was becoming evident that the sound quality end game (i.e. parity with tube amps/ outboard gear/ pedals) was close and it was time to invest in the best (and largely forget about it) ... Fractal are the best.

I don't care which artists use it. I don't care what other artists use in general, it's irrelevant to me and had no bearing on my choice.

I had been looking for a tool that does what it does for 20 years, if it wasn't Fractal it would have been something else.

Back
Top Bottom