what next

VeryBadMan

Experienced
Now my fingers hurt and I have to put the guitar down so I have time to ask some newb questions .

I've just been playing around with the factory presets , really enjoying them but I want to dive in deeper
and sculpt my own tones . How does one start with a clean slate - an empty layout grid to fill up with your own stuff ?
Is that only available with AXE-Edit ? I played around with the buttons on the unit , read the manual all that but it seems
like you can only edit what's already there . ie I found a preset I liked but it wasn't " just " the way I wanted it so I went in to edit twiddled the knobs about
but all I ended up doing was ruining it lol .

I am playing the AXE through my computer and monitors Mackie MR8 Mk2 s not el cheapo monitors but not high end either and I get
that bass boominess kinda ruins some high gain tones , is this something I can adjust for ? or should I look at other ways to amplify my
AXE , monitors , amps etc .

I tried running the AXE through my Mini Mesa , output 1 L into FX return , cab sim off and It sounded like auful How does one set up an guitar amp
to work well with the axe fx amp settings etc , volume , gain ? I also have a Triple Rectifier ( 2 channel ) and a 4X 12 Road King cab I'd like to try that as well

Any suggestions for the best way to get the most out of the AXE for a Bedroom / Studio guitarist , would be greatly appreciated .

Select a preset that you don't like and select "none" for every block except "amp" and "cab" then connect all the blocks together between input and output and start selecting different amp and cab combinations. The way you get good at editing is by tweaking a LOT! I ruined SO many presets before I got the hang of it, so don't worry and don't be afraid! Chapter 2 of the manual will tell you how to do all of these things. Use your ears and get tweaking. Most of all...don't get frustrated and HAVE FUN!

Cool thanks , I knew there was a way to approach this , that was simple , but I just was not seeing .
I watched a instructional vid for creating presets but the screens were of axe edit .

So many different ways of doing this... I approached it from presets I found familiar to a song I had heard or wanted to play and tuned or tweaked it from there.

I havn't had any luck using the Axe II through the fx loop of my Mark amps. It's ok through my 200$ Princeton chorus but to me it sounds better through the headphones. Almost identical to when I record in Cubase and play back on the PC speakers(Klipsh). I have not tried using frfr stuff but it seems to me the only way to go if you want to get away from tubes. Good luck and keep us posted, new user opinions are as valuable if not more when it comes to this process.

You don't have to use axe edit but I would highly recommend it. It makes creating presets much faster and easier.

Not to sidetrack, but the Princeton Chorus used to make everything sound good! Best SS amp ever built, IMHO...

What's next should be copious amounts of RTFM, if you really want to get the most out of the Axe. There's nothing you can do with Axe-Edit that you can't do with the front panel in terms of programming the unit.

I am playing the AXE through my computer and monitors Mackie MR8 Mk2 s not el cheapo monitors but not high end either and I get
that bass boominess kinda ruins some high gain tones , is this something I can adjust for ?

Yes, there about a dozen different ways of taking care of that. Adjusting the amp block, the cab block, adding a PEQ, GEQ, etc, etc. 'Tis all in the manual and on the wiki. :)

Yes Seinfeld fan , and I am a very bad man hehahah and now I have created a " very bad preset " Drive block - T808 > Amp - Recto Red Mdrn > Cab - 4X12 recto v30 ( rw) > gate / exp 1

By no means a perfect preset but holy crap it sounds great right off the bat - but there are sooooo many knobs to turn sooo many parameters to adjust gack a bit overwhelming -

BTW - with the " very bad preset " the boomieness is mostly gone from my monitors ???? I have absolutely no Idea how I did it ?? I am just going to leave it alone - not going to touch another knob

Back
Top Bottom