What Is Your Favorite Cab IR?

At the moment, the ML pr75 57. And the York audio mesa 4x12 57., Not sure which one it is.
Are you doing anything with the Mic Distance, Proximity, or Smoothing controls? You wouldn't happen to know what the default is for mic position would you?

4x12 TV Mix is killer. Always sounds good no matter which high gain amp I use. If I was at a gig and had to build a high gain preset in 10 seconds and play, I would definitely pick the 4x12 TV mix and probably the Friedman HBE. You can cover so much ground and get through a gig with that combo.

Are you doing anything with the Mic Distance, Proximity, or Smoothing controls? You wouldn't happen to know what the default is for mic position would you?
Nope I leave everything at stock setting with the exception of the hi and low pass. Never worry to much about mic position, if it sounds good it sounds good.

that has a mic baked in...you typically don't want to add another mic on top of that. the most anyone would do is add the null mic to use the proximity feature to add a little thump

Is that in the Legacy cabs or Factory? Did the TV have Greenbacks? Oh wait, TV Mix, What are the mix?

That's a Mesa type cab correct? What speakers are in that one, Mesa V30's? Hey what part of Chicago are you in?

Yep. It's a Mesa cab. It has a smaller profile than the oversize recto cabs that I find way to bassy. No idea which speakers it has.

I'm on the NW side. City, not the burbs.

This is a great thread to try out some other users fav’s! Will definitely try some of them out!

My preference right now is the Uberkab and the Bog both with the 121 mics.

Legacy cabs 161 and 162 together. 5153 412 cabs. 57 and a 4047 mic’s. Just has the sound I hear in my head. Or mainly the sound I had with my EVH halfstacks.

Last edited:
Is that in the Legacy cabs or Factory? Did the TV have Greenbacks? Oh wait, TV Mix, What are the mix?

It's in Factory bank 2 towards the end. I think this is a newer version a similar named cab in the legacy cabs. It's just a straight up tight sounding cab that works very well with most high gain amps.

Back
Top Bottom