Votes: 3 5.9%
  • 1 Week

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • 1 Month

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Other

Votes: 19 37.3%

• Total voters
A tired joke that needs to be left alone. Seriously, it was totally clown shoes about a year ago and not funny.

In the Fractal dictionary it means "at some point in the future". It is in the same category as "next week" and "any time now". As I recall when AxeEdit was supposed to be updated to the new paradigm "soon" took 6 months...

Things like "working on" or "wanting to do" doesn't mean that it's going to actually happen. Soon just means that it's imminent and that you can count on it as becoming reality in FAS vernacular.

To me Soon means an unspecified time in the future but with in your life time.

Seriously this is why I wish FAS would just wait and release whatever it is when it's done and not drop any hints as to when it might SOON be ready. It doesn't really serve any purpose on the forum other than to generate 20 page threads of nothing based on fragments of information.

For me ...

• 1 day = "tomorrow"
  • 2 - 5 days = "very soon"
  • 1 week = "soon-ish", "pretty soon"
  • within 10 days = the maximum wait time for the REAL "soon" (this is a generally well-established fact ;) )
  • 1 month = "Expect new 'soon' announcements pretty soon"
  • 'working on...' = "We're hoping you'll soon forget we told you this..."
  • 'Countdown...!!' => No thanks. I'd sooner kill myself! :mrgreen

+ what Luke said.

Even Cliff probably changed his definition through the years...

Early definition of "soon"= "within 2 hours! (max)"
Nowadays "soon" = "Something's cookin'. I'm telling you... ;)"

Last edited:
I know this thread was meant as a joke but I'm going to take it seriously. :)

On this forum the definition of "soon" is: "We know you want it right away but it's not going to happen so we're doing our best to get it released as soon as humanly possible".

People really should realize what the process between "now" and "soon" actually is. F.ex. getting these firmware updates like 14.0.2.4 is an example of trying to get things done as fast as possible. Surely the ideal situation would be FW14 and no patches to that. From my personal perspective when creating Cab Packs there is no way for me to fix those products once they're out. So...

SOON = MAKING SURE EVERYTHING IS PERFECT FOR YOU AND THEN

:)

When I say soon, you need to hear the tone of my voice...typically falls into 3 categories:
1. When I get done with the other crap that I have to finish first.
2. When Hell freezes over.
3. Within a few minutes.

soon
so͞on/Submit
adverb
in or after a short time.
"everyone will soon know the truth"
synonyms: shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a bit, in the twinkling of an eye, in no time, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), by and by; informal pronto, in a jiffy; dated directly, anon

//thread.

Context necessary. "Dinner will be ready soon" doesn't refer to the same time frame as "our current rate of population growth will become unsustainable soon".

Back
Top Bottom