What is Wrong with My Wah Block?

basarozmen

Inspired
Hello guys, sorry if this had been asked before. I've been having quite a problem with my Wah block and I'm hoping that you could help me figure it out.

When I turn my AFX3 on, it always loads with the Wah block ON if there is a Wah block in the preset. I can't turn it off by double clicking the block in Axe Edit. Only when I go one preset up/down and back, Wah block goes to its normal state (OFF). This occurs on each and every preset including a Wah block, including the factory presets.

There is an FC-12 is connected to my AFX3 via FASLink port, but no other expression pedal is plugged in whatsoever. I tried a global reset and MIDI reset to no avail. Maybe is it a bad XLR cable?

AFX3 FW: 21.02
Axe Edit Version: 1.12.13
FC12 FW: 1.11

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Theres a setting for initial expression pedal value, which then engages the wah block.

In your preset, edit the modifier on the Wah.

Set PC Reset to ON.

Bypass the Wah.

Save the preset.

Does that help?

Post the preset. Impossible to know otherwise. My guess is modifier is attached somehow.
Sorry for my late reply, you can find the preset attached. I don't think it is preset specific, though. Most of the time I only use the unaltered factory presets. Might be a global parameter/cable issue, I don't know...

Attachments

• Friedman HBE-100.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
In your preset, edit the modifier on the Wah.

Set PC Reset to ON.

Bypass the Wah.

Save the preset.

Does that help?
Thanks for the tip, but I'm afraid the problem persists. I am really confused, since the presets I mainly use are the factory ones (unedited)...

Sorry for my late reply, you can find the preset attached. I don't think it is preset specific, though. Most of the time I only use the unaltered factory presets. Might be a parameter/cable issue, I don't know...
Loads with the Wah off for me? It is using External 1 as the source. Make sure the 'Initial Value' of 'External Controller 1' is set to 0% (default).

Setup (E mini-knob), Midi/Remote menu, Scroll down the 'Initial Value' section.

Note.. I use an Auto-Engage Off value of 95% (toe down) for the Wah. So, I have the External 1 initial value set to 100%, and the preset still loaded with the Wah off?

Note 2.. Med Speed setting is the answer for me. Any of the Position settings results in the Wah being 'on' with my settings.

Loads with the Wah off for me? It is using External 1 as the source. Make sure the 'Initial Value' of 'External Controller 1' is set to 0% (default).

Setup (E mini-knob), Midi/Remote menu, Scroll down the 'Initial Value' section.

Note.. I use an Auto-Engage Off value of 95% (toe down) for the Wah. So, I have the External 1 initial value set to 100%, and the preset still loaded with the Wah off?

Note 2.. Med Speed setting is the answer for me. Any of the Position settings results in the Wah being 'on' with my settings.
Thanks for the heads up Moke, much appreciated. I will check these out and report back when I get home from work.

Back
Top Bottom