What is the minimal device I need to move patches and backups?

guitarjim

Experienced
WARNING: This post has nothing to do with V10. You may want to skip to the next post:D

Currently, I'm using an HD500 as the backup for my Axe and for band practice. As I was creating some patches for the HD500 today, I decided I just can't take it anymore and I'm going to sell a few guitars to buy a 2nd Axe.

So, my question is, if I want to keep one Axe at the practice space and just upload new patches, banks, or system backups to it, what is the smallest device I can do that with? Can I do it with an iPhone, Droid, iPad, etc? Or do I need a laptop?

Thanks for your help. And for those of you who feel you wasted your time reading this question - Any idea on when V10 is going to be released?;)

Between 2 axe fx the smallest device you need is a midi cable. Dump presets, cabs, banks etc to midi and you are set. Even backup to the onboard memory.

Otherwise I prefer a laptop and M-audio UNO for permanent backups and transfers.

Between 2 axe fx the smallest device you need is a midi cable. Dump presets, cabs, banks etc to midi and you are set. Even backup to the onboard memory.

Otherwise I prefer a laptop and M-audio UNO for permanent backups and transfers.

Just to be clear, they are in two different locations about 10 miles apart. I was afraid that I needed to buy a full up laptop to do it. I guess a small netbook would work, correct?

Back
Top Bottom