What is the best MIDI USB interface for standard fx? any body has an experience?

AminKash

Hi Friends

Recently I bought 3 cheap Chinese MIDI USB interfaces to hookup my Standard fx to my laptop. Non of them working (the first one: the MIDI out was not recognized neither by MIDI-OX nor Axe-Edit, the second one MIDI out and in recognized by MIDI-OX but MIDI out not recognized by Axe-Edit, and the third one not working at all!). I need to send the Banks A & B sysex to my Fractal as the previous owner has changed and overwritten all presets. What USB MIDI interfaces do you propose that would be certainly suitable for a standard fx?

Thank you in advance

Has more to do with your computer- be it PC or Mac. which you need to specify. On a PC I have used many - least expensive one that worked for me (years ago before Axe had USB) was the Edirol UM-1S. I believe it has drivers for win and mac.

really is no "best".any work-most should work. It's just midi info.

Yup. Was going to say the UM-1G which is the Roland branded version of the same interface. Bullet proof, cheap.

make sure the in's and out's are connected correctly some cheap interfaces have to be connected out to out and in to in, others need to be connected in to out and out to in.

I never had any problems with the MIDI on my old Presonus interface, and haven't had any with my current Steinberg unit. That said, for whatever reason I usually connect my Axe via a cheapo M-Audio unit. Don't remember what it's called, but it's a little single in/out USB unit.

I have a M-Audio 2x2 Midisport (Anniversary Edition) which I use with my Axe-Fx Standard and a Windows 7 PC. The M-Audio 2x2 Midisport was recommended to me by the very kind folks at G66.eu who are the European distributors for Fractal Audio.

Just a note- I think the Edirol makes more sense because you use your own midi cables. If the midi cables connected to the Roland box go bad, you throw it in the garbage.... just MO of course. I like to be able to plug the midi cables in myself.

Yes you will need 2 midi cables-but the length is up to you. No biggie-just sayin

Back
Top Bottom