what is IR ?

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
i tried searching , but i couldn't find what does "IR" stands for?
is it something to do with presets?

is there a thread that explains all these terms that are associated with axe?

thanks

Impulse Response.

It's the digital representation of the Cab/Speaker model.

And now over to the proper forum for this! Read around, there's alot to take in.

Ron

There's no single point reference on all the terms associated with the Axe, but the Wiki is a great place to start.

To address your question directly, IR stands for "Impulse Response". In the context of the Axe, it's the 'sonic footprint' of a cabinet.

Technically speaking, when you hit something with an impulse (an impulse being defined as a signal with infinite magnitude, and infinitely narrow in time... or as close as we can get to meeting that given the limitations of real life) the measured output response to that impulse input is the IR. The IR is the ratio of the output for an impulsed input.

i tried searching , but i couldn't find what does "IR" stands for?
is it something to do with presets?

is there a thread that explains all these terms that are associated with axe?

thanks
These terms are NOT SECIFIC to fractal products (for the most part). They are basic terms for modelers, digital work station, etc........
These are extremely "basic terms" and you really need to learn them to make your journey with Fractal smoother!

These terms are NOT SECIFIC to fractal products (for the most part). They are basic terms for modelers, digital work station, etc........
These are extremely "basic terms" and you really need to learn them to make your journey with Fractal smoother!
I think he knows by now :D

I think he knows by now :D
I was and am talking about "Basic Terms". where is that in this thread? My post was an attempt to let the OP know he needs to learn the basic terms and his life will be easier with Fractal or any other modelers.
I se one post explaining IRs and one saying it's a cab? Otherwise I see nothing saying what I said. Just sayin!

I was and am talking about "Basic Terms". where is that in this thread? My post was an attempt to let the OP know he needs to learn the basic terms and his life will be easier with Fractal or any other modelers.
I se one post explaining IRs and one saying it's a cab? Otherwise I see nothing saying what I said. Just sayin!
The thread is 13 years old... It was bumped by a spam post

Back
Top Bottom