What is "ignore redundant MIDI program changes" good for?

I stumbled over that parameter after the last update and the only thing I found in the forum and the Wiki is one sentence in the Firmware history 5.05 "Added Global Option (I/O menu, MIDI tab) to ignore redundant MIDI program changes".

Can someone tell me what that is good for? I can't remeber. :oops:

Thx

most footcontrollers will resend all the PC and CC's again when pushed again.

It's a feature I use a lot. Let's say I have a patch with all FX bypassed. then I push CHORUS, PHASER and DELAY ON.
By retriggering this patch everything is bypassed again, like the default setting.
Unfortunally you get also a Program Change.

To override this, this "ignore redundant midi program changes" is used!

Aahh, thank you very much! That was quick. Now I remember again. I just wonder why I couldn't find it anywhere? Maybe that was in the old forum.

Thx again.

Aah - this could be really useful (I think) for the Liquid Foot when using the "step" control on the preset buttons. Thanks for bringing this piece of info up! (New LF owner here).

stratcat said:
Aah - this could be really useful (I think) for the Liquid Foot when using the "step" control on the preset buttons. Thanks for bringing this piece of info up! (New LF owner here).

just curious, how do you plan to use the step control on the preset buttons?

stratcat said:
That's exactly what i use it for on my LF Jr.

I have a step function assigned to each of my presets using CC#4 which is incredibly handy for all sorts of cool stuff for example:

Preset 1 is my main dirty but when i step a second time it kicks in Delay, Reverb, more Preamp Gain and a Graphic EQ which means i can toggle between Rhythm and Lead without having to tap dance around...

Preset 2 is a warm Plexi OD so my step toggles in additional Reverb and Level.

Preset 3 is a Clean Chorus and my step function kicks in a string pad for a really lush layered tone.

Preset 4 is a dry Clean that kicks in an Overdrive for a boost and a tiny bit of extra bite.

So this is just my 1st 4 presets but you can see how versatile it can be, i use about 15 presets all up during the course of a show although 90% would be using the 1st 4. The rest are more specialty presets or song specific...

Hopefully some food for thought....

T

For me I'd planned to use the step controls to trigger the most common IA changes I use - usually delay or delay + null filter (boost) on each patch for solo. I'd kept this off as I noticed the tiny dropout on the Axe while the patch gets retriggered on each step, but I'll sort this out tonight. The IA hold feature I'm going to look at as well to give me a few more options there.

I'm also down to 4 main patches (was 5 on the Midimate :)) plus extras for Nylon use and other one off sounds. Everything else is via IA as there's so much flexibility in the IA programming in this thing.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom