What have I done?

aleclee

Power User
Besides moving into the 21st Century? ;)

Just acquired an Ultra but had to liquidate my Two Rock to fund the acquisition. I'll likely end up missing the Emerald but the HAD model gets me close enough that I probably won't get to miss it too much.

Now I just have to figure out how to amplify the thing. I have a number of options but so far have only tried it with some M-Audio monitors. Guess I get to learn a whole new set of technologies for the new rig.

"What have I done?"

...Bought one of the single greatest purchases that I'VE ever made.

Give it time and really try everything. Read the online wiki. Experiment. Be patient. If you have half 'a clue and learn from others here, you should realize what a bargain this thing is. It's honestly the best musical purchase that I've ever made.

Most of all... HAVE FUN!

AlecLee got got one of these too AND sold a Two Rock to get it?!!

What is the world coming to :shock: !

Great to have you in the neighborhood and congratulations. I might have been the guy who started the whole FBT verve 12ma thing here. I don't have one, but I'd recommend going that route if you want to really want to explore what the axe-fx can do. Plus it's a stupidly simple, foolproof, high quality rig. Swing by my place and I can show you the 8ma and tour you through the unit and how I use it. Could save a lot of time for you.

aleclee said:
Besides moving into the 21st Century? ;)

Just acquired an Ultra but had to liquidate my Two Rock to fund the acquisition. I'll likely end up missing the Emerald but the HAD model gets me close enough that I probably won't get to miss it too much.

Now I just have to figure out how to amplify the thing. I have a number of options but so far have only tried it with some M-Audio monitors. Guess I get to learn a whole new set of technologies for the new rig.

Thanks, Eric. I might have to take you up on that offer.

Maybe it's 'cause I've spent the past couple decades beating computers into submission but I find the UI on the Axe-Fx to be a lot easier than other rack units I've tried. That's a good thing since I haven't gotten the beta editor running on either OSX or WIndoze. :(

And I've been raving about my FBT Maxx2a and 4a mons for a long time. Not concentric, but just plain terrific sounding with everything I feed it (AF, ME70, Tech 21 Character series, etc). Very lightweight, but they'll flap your pants' legs, no prob.

Back
Top Bottom