What happened to the Brit Brown?

eljodon

Experienced
The Brit Brown used to be my go to Amp (also with the Ultra), but after FW 11 it just doesn't sound the same. It's dark, muddy and the brightness is gone. Now I use the Friedman BE and HBE which I'm happy so is no big deal. Just wondering if anyone noticed this.I know tone is very subjective, but I just can't use it anymore.I did a reset but still no change.

I feel your pain! I struggle with it too ,just can't get it to work for me anymore, also the FAS Brown Was my favorite for quite some time ?

Maybe upgrade to firmware 12 and see if its changed?

Thanks for your response. I already upgraded to FW 12.2, I forgot to mention it. I only use the Axe Fx 2 for live work only and real amps in my studio, so is not a big deal.
I remember that with the Brit Brown, I used to be able to crank the master to 10 also. I loved the Plexi 50 when it first came out, but now there's something going on with the upper mids and now I have to put a PEQ in front of the amp and cut 1.5 kHz to 2.5 kHz to make it sound the way I like. But I'm getting great results with the Friedman BE and HBE.

I feel your pain! I struggle with it too ,just can't get it to work for me anymore, also the FAS Brown Was my favorite for quite some time ?

I'm with you! I miss the twang the Brit Brown used to have! I ended up using the Plexi 50 for my VH sound since my band plays a couple of VH songs, but now I use the Friedman BE with some tweaks to make it sound like VH.

It would be nice if Cliff would chime in on this to help you guys understand what has happened. Hopefully he will see this post and enlighten us. I don't actually use that amp so I do not share your pain but I understand it that's for sure..

Back
Top Bottom