What guitar solo have you always wanted to learn?

They are. And for all the tonal options, they're a great value. (If you can deal with pickups in the middle.)
Don't remember details, but the wiring is "unusual" too.

Long ago I had a tele with a somewhat similar pickup arrangement. Flexible but intuitive switching for 4 pickups is a tricky problem :)

Sweet! How do those PU's of the 2 guitars compare to each other?

Reason I ask is my JP is a bit different in that it has the same Dreamcatcher/Rainmaker PU's as in the Majesties, so it sounds almost identical.
(It also is the only Petrucci model I know of with a 15" radius, which is one of the things that attracted me to it. It's a little easier to do things like arpeggios, where you have 2 or even 3 notes on the same fret, and you have to roll your finger to keep them separated.)

So I'm kinda curious in maybe trying a different PU for the JP. (Or maybe I don't want to go down that rabbit hole...)
I'm a few time zones from my instruments at the moment, and really don't have a good A/B answer to give at the moment. Plus, everything is different - basswood vs. mahogany body, rosewood vs. ebony fingerboard, passive vs. active, bolt-on vs. neck-thru construction. They're both amazing instruments, but they are very different.

Well both Steve Morse and Neil Morse are kind of legends, Portnoy being the former DT drummer is also very well known, I would not expect anything but great stuff from them. Glad u dig it!
Dave LaRue has been Steve Morse's bassist since the 80's, too.

And he toured with the Dregs as well for a while.

Back
Top Bottom