What guitar cable do you use?

Been there done soooo many cables, need to sell a whole bunch. Pretty much stick to no particular order Mogami, Belden or Canare, but will use what ever. Lowest capacitance does not always equal happy good tone, to me, after doing all that I actually prefer "darker' cables or cables with more capacitance.

i have been trying to destroy some dimarzio cables that i bought years ago. had them on stage, in the studio with rolling chairs going over them etc. still working great.

Used Mogami with Neutrik for many years. Recently switched to a Boss WL-20 system because the less wires, the better. I haven't noticed any difference in tone.

Been there done soooo many cables, need to sell a whole bunch. Pretty much stick to no particular order Mogami, Belden or Canare, but will use what ever. Lowest capacitance does not always equal happy good tone, to me, after doing all that I actually prefer "darker' cables or cables with more capacitance.

Yeah, depends on what your going for. Many a hit has been played through cheap 60's coiled guitar cables. Some folks say they help to fatten up the thin sounding vintage single coil pickups.

Whirlwind Leaders for guitar to gear, Switchcraft plugs on Belden cable for most other purposes like connecting the rack gear together.

Keep 'em as short as possible in all cases.

George L cables are great. Quality, performance, built to be customized to fit your rig, and best of all they don't rip you off the way nearly all "high end' cables do.

I laugh at the notion of guitar players thinking they need a "high end" cable. No, you just need a decent cable that's not noisy.

Let's not forget that SRV preferred the grey coily cords you used to get from Radio Shack. He liked the way they rolled off the upper treble just so.

Back in 2008 I bought two Monster Rock Cables! After all they have been through they still work fine! Got them for the lifetime replacement warranty but I heard they don’t honor it anymore…

Mogami lifetime warranty is a no brainer for me. I’ve used them for over ten years with no issues.

But this is my personal experience and preference.

Back
Top Bottom