What Front of room Powered Monitors did you settle on?

Hi All,:D

I'm on my 2nd attempt:

Behringer Eurolive B215
and upgraded to QSC K12

I am now thinking of going to something else because I have not found my Dream tone and was curious.

Before I go down the path of upgrading Powered monitors which could be quite costly what others here have decided they are just fine with?

if this has been posted or done to death I am sorry, please point me to the thread and I will take this one down.

Thanks

CLR and haven't looked back. Excellent monitors for this application. Wide throw, no peaky frequencies or over emphasized bass or highs. Had issues with everything else I tried cause they never sounded neutral.

Well I'm very happy with my 2 Matrix Q12A's but i'd like to tell you that I had the same problem playing 40 years Marshall, Soldano, Bogners. After a while - it took me over a year or so (with older firmwares - now its much easier) to get used to this not in the room sound. Now sice about 1 1/2 years I've gotten so used to it, I don't like playing with tubeamps and real cabs anymore.. Twice I went back to real cabs (1 Marshall + 1 Orange) and I've got lost in the mix with the bar full of people - I could hardly hear me anymore. Thank god I had one Matrix Q12 with me and put it on top of my real speaker cab and I was blown away of the clarity and power of my sound. So, I think after a while getting used to it, you'll probably never regret it. I've sold all my stuff..:eagerness:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ole
Same here - I love my Q12's with GT1000fx, they sound nice and clear, open and loud.

Well I'm very happy with my 2 Matrix Q12A's but i'd like to tell you that I had the same problem playing 40 years Marshall, Soldano, Bogners. After a while - it took me over a year or so (with older firmwares - now its much easier) to get used to this not in the room sound. Now sice about 1 1/2 years I've gotten so used to it, I don't like playing with tubeamps and real cabs anymore.. Twice I went back to rekl cabs (1 Marshall + 1 Orange) and I've got lost in the mix with the bar full of people - I could hardly hear me anymore. Thank god I had one Matrix Q12 with me and put it on top of my real speaker cab and I was blown away of the clarity and power of my sound. So, I think after a while getting used to it, you'll probably never regret it. I've sold all my stuff..:eagerness:

Reactions: Ole
I use CLR's. They're excellent.

FWIW, the monitors you mentioned have had many satisfied users. I might suggest that it might be in your benefit to work with the Axe to adjust to what you *don't* hear from the monitors. There are ample tools in there to tweak what you need, I would look there first rather than throwing more money at this in the hope that it will fix it.

Ron

Thanks this great information to have.

Been tweaking all day and getting some fine stuff through QSC k12 and the euro live together and having two cab blocks panned 3/4 left and right and delaying one at 0.060ms.

I might suggest that it might be in your benefit to work with the Axe to adjust to what you *don't* hear from the monitors. There are ample tools in there to tweak what you need, I would look there first rather than throwing more money at this in the hope that it will fix it.
Quoted for truth.

While I'm a CLR owner, I was not dissatisfied with the K8s I was using before. I just had some money burning a hole in my pocket. :p The CLR is definitely an upgrade but IME, the QSC K Series stuff is better that most other FRFRs I compared it to.

I love my CLR, it's the best i've heard and used, but that doesn't mean you can get great tones out of others.

Quoted for truth.

While I'm a CLR owner, I was not dissatisfied with the K8s I was using before. I just had some money burning a hole in my pocket. :p The CLR is definitely an upgrade but IME, the QSC K Series stuff is better that most other FRFRs I compared it to.

Thanks I'm going to stay with the qsc's and its good to hear others like them too.

I use three (3) CLR's, and love em!

As monitors they rock!!
I have done many configs with three CLR's, including wet/dry/wet and mounting two CLR's on frankenstands for mini PA w/ the 3rd CLR as monitor.

Plenty loud for the places I play, and the clarity is FUNtastic!

I have an Atomic CLR with a 2nd on the way. These made the Axe-Fx really come alive and made me appreciate the whole setup even more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried all of these side by side at gig volume. JBL PRX612M, QSC-K12, Xitone, and CLRs. I bought the JBLs because they sounded best to me, they were the lightest, had a bit more mids, and they did not crap out as i turned the volume way up. The QSC-K12 sounded good also, but were a little heavier, and crapped out a little sooner than the JBL. The Xitone sounded really good, but I went with the JBL so I could also use them for a lightweight PA if needed. The Xitone filled the room no matter where you stood. I really liked them. The CLR's did not do it for me at all. Way too boomy. The QSC's sounded better than the CLR's to me. With so many small venues using QSC-K12's it makes sense to stay with them. Dial in your sounds with them and you know you'll sound good at the venue. Dweezil Zappa uses 4 QSC-K12's. Dweezil seems to be happy with them.

I upgraded my pa to jbl prx before I purchased the axe fx. I have 2 prx715's that I set in front of me. I dial everything on on my studio moniters, at loud ish volumes. And everything translates great to the prx's. I don't see much love for jbl prx stuff on here but 6 months tweeking, plus a solid moniter, u got everything at your fingertips. Learning the axe and being able to adjust in real time has been the biggest improvement in getting comfy with my frfr solution. Work with the impulses. Get the cab mix. It will come together. I am not a fan of anybody else's tone but my own. I wasn't able to dl one preset that sounded like me, I had to build it. And then build the next, and next, etc. Then build banks based around different guitars, emg's, jb's, single coils, teles, strats, ernie balls, prs, and still don't have my 97 les paul classic dialed in. Pickup change to bring it in? For the 4th time? It is always a work in progress. All I know is I am closer than I was to what I hear in my head. It is no longer the limitation in my playing, my playing is. Cheers and stick to it, it will get better. If you are not a tweaker, it is gonna be a pain in the ass. But if you love spending 5 mins before work or 5 hrs after chasing your head, it does the trick. Peace

Back
Top Bottom