What Dyna Cab recipes are people using for Plexis?

This is what I've been using.

Attachments

• Dyna-Cab.jpg
    Dyna-Cab.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
The preset found here has the four recipes I've been using lately. The Whutter

Duh....reading comprehension....I just noticed it said for Plexis.....at least there's one Plexi scene in there......

Last edited:
This is what I've been using.

Interesting that the numerical values (position and distance) for all of your cabs are visible. Mine are only visible for cab 1 unless I right click on them. See Goodsal's post. Mine looks like his.

I have been struggling a little bit on a metal tone using the Mesa cabs. In theory, the classic combination of a Dynamic and Ribbon should work well. I'm sure there's plenty of Metalcore kids on here that have some suggestions!

I have been struggling a little bit on a metal tone using the Mesa cabs. In theory, the classic combination of a Dynamic and Ribbon should work well. I'm sure there's plenty of Metalcore kids on here that have some suggestions!
Try adding in a condenser at cap edge, 5cm off.

4x12 1960TV with Dynamic 1 or 2 + Ribbon set to -3 dB to fill it a bit.

Just play around with these things folks, Dyna-Cabs make the cab setup so easy.

I'm having great luck with the 2x12 Bassman and the 4x12 Citrus. To make things sit in the mix instantly, just use the 8" Tweed. I've used all these with Plexis, but the SM57 (Dynamic 1) with the 2x12 Bassman is my favorite, with either the Bluesbreaker drive or Buxom Boost in front of the 6550 Plexi.

Doh!. I missed the release of Axe Edit 13.03 on thursday. Installed 13.03....that fixed it.
4x12 1960TV with Dynamic 1 or 2 + Ribbon set to -3 dB to fill it a bit.

Just play around with these things folks, Dyna-Cabs make the cab setup so easy.
That is fairly similar to how I've been setting mine.
I will also change the alignment of the dynamic 1 by about 7 ms

The Mesa slant sounds great with dynamic 1 and ribbon with the IIC+

I posted this in the FM3 Beta thread. Crunch 1 (Scene 2) is a Plexi. Note: My preferred plectrum is a Red Bear Guthrie Goven Signature which produces more of a mid-forward tone so your mileage may vary. But for my setup it is great and I didn't even need to adjust the Mic Levels. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-7-00-beta-3.195581/post-2436577

Edit: All 4 channels have DynaCab configurations that I liked. Cab B is probably my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom