What do you use for a backup for a gig

I mean....it makes perfect sense to me. The question is why so many different things. The pair of FM9s is what confuses me. I can see mostly using the AF3 and having the FM3s as a small travel/fly setup....or whatever makes you want to travel light. I'm not sure how the FM9s fit in.

But...for most of the gear-centric things I've done, there's always been 2 approaches that made the most sense:

1. Have both the high-end and the small version.
2. Only have some kind of mid-tier version.

It's having 3 levels that doesn't really make sense to me.

But, while not absolute, I think I'm more of a gear minimalist than most of you.

If I were actually making money from playing guitar, I'd honestly just buy a duplicate of everything that I have.
Well,
I play 80 - 90 gigs a year. And a backup is absolutely important. People pay a lot of money for the shows and they deserve a flawless show. It would be very difficult to back up an AXE FX III with an FM3. A show like JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR needs different sounds. (Electric, steel string and nylon) and a FC12. Here I use an AXE FX III and another one as a backup that can be switched directly if necessary. For Top 40 concerts, an FM3 is often enough. But even here the show should never fail because of a defective device. For tribute shows a la JOURNEY or TOTO I sometimes use an FM9 if the space in the van is a bit limited.

Until now, the backup was not necessary. But it is simply for security reasons.😀

I have 2 FM9's. My backup is also my home unit.

I'm kinda hoping that the toaster or belgin waffle maker that FAS is coming with could potentially be my new backup...

FM3. Used for acoustic gig,
FM9 full band.

So I keep the fm3 as a backup when I do a full band gig.

If the acoustic gig had any issues,
I'd just go direct to PA, add a Touch of reverb.

Well,
I play 80 - 90 gigs a year. And a backup is absolutely important. People pay a lot of money for the shows and they deserve a flawless show. It would be very difficult to back up an AXE FX III with an FM3. A show like JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR needs different sounds. (Electric, steel string and nylon) and a FC12. Here I use an AXE FX III and another one as a backup that can be switched directly if necessary. For Top 40 concerts, an FM3 is often enough. But even here the show should never fail because of a defective device. For tribute shows a la JOURNEY or TOTO I sometimes use an FM9 if the space in the van is a bit limited.

Until now, the backup was not necessary. But it is simply for security reasons.😀

I just didn't picture those three specific levels of gigs. That makes total sense.

Back
Top Bottom