What do you guys assign to your 2-button external foot switch?

Left switches the view
Right switches presets

Just played a show with this setup and it worked well. Very practical if all your presets and scenes are built to follow a setlist. Not very practical if you’ll be needing to go back and forth.

Currently I have a 2 button switch where the first switch toggles a filter before the amp for a gain boost, and the second toggles a filter after the amp for an overall volume boost. Still deciding how well it works. The other night for example I was at band practice, and after 30 minutes or so first went to use the switches and noticed they had already been activated. Apparently the last time I used the FM3 I had activated both, so that is how it remained. In that regard at a minimum it takes a little bit of vigilance, might have to get used to checking the layout when I first bring it up to see if they are engaged or not. And depending on how loud things are in the room, it can be hard to tell by ear sometimes if the gain boost is activated or not. When it is quiet it is clear, with a band playing it can be hard to make out.

Currently I have a 2 button switch where the first switch toggles a filter before the amp for a gain boost, and the second toggles a filter after the amp for an overall volume boost. Still deciding how well it works. The other night for example I was at band practice, and after 30 minutes or so first went to use the switches and noticed they had already been activated. Apparently the last time I used the FM3 I had activated both, so that is how it remained. In that regard at a minimum it takes a little bit of vigilance, might have to get used to checking the layout when I first bring it up to see if they are engaged or not. And depending on how loud things are in the room, it can be hard to tell by ear sometimes if the gain boost is activated or not. When it is quiet it is clear, with a band playing it can be hard to make out.
Are you using latching switches? If so, the carry a physical switch state of on or off.

I would recommend using momentary switches and let your FM3 manage the states.

The FM3 doesn't "remember" the state of switches like that... Unless you saved the preset with the filters turned on?

Moskey Dual Switch with FM3.

Switch 1: Tap = Scene Increment, and Hold = Scene Decrement.

Switch 2: Tap = Pitch FX (Whammy with Delay), and Hold not currently used.

Just getting going with a boss two button foot switch
considering
tap control switch 1, hold scenes
tap looper record, hold effects

thoughts?

As I am using my FM3 with a desk mount, I needed access to some foot switching rather than using the very comprehensive and capable built in 3 buttons. I have an FCB1010 which is fine for some preset and scene selection and favorite presets but the pedals are not very usable. I bought a 2 button Hotline Ampero switch which I use for preset up/down and scene up/down and an M Audio EX-P expression pedal which is works very well for me.

Mine is pretty simple. Left button scroll scene views (I pretty much operate within scenes all the time). Right button is dedicated tap temp. I'm a delay junkie so really like to have a dedicated tap so I can keep my echos in time.

I played with adding a hold function for tuner, but honestly am fine with just scrolling over to the scene option with tuner. Haven't had a need for a more immediate access.

Just getting going with a boss two button foot switch
considering
tap control switch 1, hold scenes
tap looper record, hold effects

thoughts?
If your Record switch also has a hold function then you're going to have a hard time getting it to start at the right time.

When there's a hold function, the trigger of the tap function is on release and not press.

If your Record switch also has a hold function then you're going to have a hard time getting it to start at the right time.

When there's a hold function, the trigger of the tap function is on release and not press.
I've set my Simple Switch (2 button momentary) to: Button 1: Tap: Filter 2 on/off. Hold: Chorus 1 on/off. Button 2: Tap: Tuner on/off. Hold: Looper main screen (shows Record, Play, Erase -- pressing Play again on the Unit stops the loop). Getting out of the Looper screen requires holding middle switch on the Unit to return Layout 1 screen (Presets, Scenes, Effects). I may change these settings in the future

Are you using latching switches? If so, the carry a physical switch state of on or off.

I would recommend using momentary switches and let your FM3 manage the states.

The FM3 doesn't "remember" the state of switches like that... Unless you saved the preset with the filters turned on?
I can't say I was aware of the difference. That would probably be the issue then, I will have to take a look. Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom