What 'cha listening to?

electronpirate

Axe-Master
Been a bit since we did this. I'll start:

-A 'in the ilk of ELO' band called L.E.O.
-Power pop prince called 'Bleu'. Album 'Redhead'. Great guitar driven work with echo's of Queen and Cheap Trick.
-Miranda Lambert
-Folkie type called 'Matt Shockley'
-And I have a shuffle playlist that's Brit pop: Locksley, Rooney, Pink Spiders, Ok Go, The Shore, Sloan, Tinted Windows, Oasis, Brendan Benson, Jellyfish.

Nothing really heavy these days (sort of where I am in my life...a moody b!tch.)

And you?

Mostly Karnivool & Bonamassa
thumbsup.gif

Hate to admit that I just discovered the wonders of Spoon.

Only took me 20 years.

Not to mention they are/were an Austin band.

:shame:

Stravinsky: The Rite of Spring
Roger Waters: Amused to Death (Jeff Beck!)
Teramaze: (their new album my buddy lent me - don't know the name but it is good)
Marillion: Brave (an oldie but a goody)
T-Ride: T-Ride (As above)
IQ: Road of Bones
Cynic: Kindly Bent to Free Us
Ayreon: The Theory of Everything

Spent 5 hours in the car yesterday with Yes. I celebrated their entire catalog.
High five!

I've been spinning John Scofield's tribute to Ray Charles, That's What I Say, quite a bit. And Soulive's Live in San Francisco -- the version of El Ron off that is INSANE with those horns.

New Judas Priest Album - Redeemer of Souls.

I was never really a priest fan except maybe 2 or 3 songs, so this didn't sway my opinion. I think Priest fans will enjoy it though.

I really like Syd Arthur, the band that opened for Yes. Their new album is called "Sound Mirror" and it's hard to define their genre. A blend of melodic musicianship with elements of rock, jazz, folk, etc. that sounds proggish, but all their songs are under 5 minutes (at least on this album). All great musicians.

The three CD’s that was played in my car today was:

Robbie Robinson – How To Become Clairvoyant

Roger Waters – Amused To Death (Jeff Beck in top form – as always)

Michael Falch – Fodspor I Havet

The last one is a true master piece but the lyrics are in Danish (the language not the pastry) so it will only appeal to those who understands Danish

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom