What are you using with Adam A7X Monitors?

Manny Fufish

Power User
Hi guys, I picked up a pair of Adam A7X monitors today and I have a question. I like the mids and highs, but I'm not getting good low end and I'm wondering if they're being used with a sub by Axe users. Are you setting a low shelf on the back? If I tune down to Eb the low E seems to go to flub...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Rotaholic said:
How have you treated your room for room modes and nulls?

Nah, this isn't my studio, it's just a jam room in the house. Bigger FRFR speakers give plenty of bass in there. I'm either going to add a sub or swap over to the A77Xs.

How have you treated your room for room modes and nulls?

Nah, this isn't my studio, it's just a jam room in the house. Bigger FRFR speakers give plenty of bass in there. I'm either going to add a sub or swap over to the A77Xs.

Don't gloss over that question because it is an important one. I had a jam room in my previous home and whenever I hit a G (on the low E string of my bass) that room almost "exploded" because that frequency was re-enforced by the room dimensions.

The more and more I read and learn about the treatment of your space, be it studio or jam room, is very important. Your speakers may be just fine and all that is needed is tweaking of the room. I am not saying that is definitely your case but it seemed like in your response you kind of glossed over that point and if I can offer (unsolicited) advice you may want to think about it some more. I just read a SOS review on the A77X monitors and they are not cheap so maybe the room treatment might be a more cost-effective way to go (if it is necesary).

Back
Top Bottom