What are you using for your FRFR?

L

luke

And are you happy?

I've had pair of the Verve 12ma on order for several months. Every month there is a new delay, the latest bad news arriving today. I'm in limbo, I don't want to go patch crazy if I have to redo everything later.

I've read the shootout threads, no clear winner it appears came about, but the 12ma was always in the top contenders.

I'm considering giving up on the FBTs and going a different route, not only because no clear delivery date can be established, but also my fear that parts will be impossible to source if needed.

So, what do you have? Are you happy with the choice? If you were to do it again would you stay pat or go another route. If you'd change, why and to what?

Thanks in advance

There are plenty of good FR cabs out there some like QSC's offering but it's not limited to that. You didn't say wether or not you wanted to stay with a powered cab so that can also open up a lot of options as well.

I'm extremely happy with a pair of Atomic powered wedges.
Not sure they're the best on planet earth, but they perfectly fit my needs and taste.
:twisted:

I love my Verve 12ma.

If I was still waiting for one, I would call the FBT headquarters. Number is on their website. I had a great experience working with their customer service.

I've been using a pair of fbt maxx 4a's for the last two years and am very happy with the sound.
Recently I've been playing a lot more bass and putting that through the Axe FX as well - but been struggling for the right sound. I've now added a kv2 audio kx1.2 powered sub :mrgreen: Much happier!
I never thought this would make such a difference to the way my acoustic sounds - particularly the sounds off the body - wow...

What's the problem? No supply? Called spingtree media. When I bought mine in september, they had 5 left and new shipment coming in November.

Just for the record, I LOVE my 12ma and don't miss a 4x12 at all cause its sounds just like one. :mrgreen:

My order is with Springtree. They have none. The order has not shipped from Italy and apparently the Italian division could careless if FBT USA ever gets their order as they are more concerned with European sales. It makes you wonder how post sale customer service will be if needed.

I'm loving the Atomics.....I have 2 wedges, a powered and a passive. Our other guitarist has a Verve 12ma and it is certainly very good too but you won't go wrong with the Atomic IMO.

I am using a JBL PRX635. The 12" version will do fine if you aren't using it for very low tunings and/or some bass, vocals, etc. I've heard opinions from pro audio guys that these things beat out the sound of the QSC for even a little bit less on price. While I haven't heard the two side by side, I've heard a fair share of synonyms for "sterile" in describing the QSC K series, and no such negative reviews of the PRX's. They sound absolutely stunning to my ears. I was using an RCF Art 322a previously and it was like I had never really played through my Axe-Fx before. Definitely consider it. They use Crown power amps and dbx crossovers.

Newest delay puts possible shipment leaving factory in one week from Italy.

MotherSea said:
I am using a JBL PRX635. The 12" version will do fine if you aren't using it for very low tunings and/or some bass, vocals, etc. I've heard opinions from pro audio guys that these things beat out the sound of the QSC for even a little bit less on price. While I haven't heard the two side by side, I've heard a fair share of synonyms for "sterile" in describing the QSC K series, and no such negative reviews of the PRX's. They sound absolutely stunning to my ears. I was using an RCF Art 322a previously and it was like I had never really played through my Axe-Fx before. Definitely consider it. They use Crown power amps and dbx crossovers.

Hello,
I use a pair of RFC322a.
-JBL PRX 635 --> 1269€ / unit
-RFC322a -->769€ /unit

Can you describe with more detail the differences between RFC and JBL?
Im happy with RFC322a but, I'm interested in knowing the differences. GAS, you know. :lol:

Very satisfied with:

@home: 2x Adam A7X

@rehearsal/gig: 1x FBT Verve 12ma

Atomic FR Reactor for sale.

I have good results with
- Home : 2x KRK RP8 active monitors
- Rehearsal : 2x FBT Verve 12ma amplified wedges

The FBTs render high frequencies a lot but have a lot of headroom.

Back
Top Bottom