What are you GASing for right now?

Well, I know earlier I said I wanted a Warmoth Strat, but for some reason I ended up ordering a new Charvel DK24 Pro Mod over the weekend, so... yeah...

Caparison Brocken FX-WM Black
411956-jpg.57741

Well, I know earlier I said I wanted a Warmoth Strat, but for some reason I ended up ordering a new Charvel DK24 Pro Mod over the weekend, so... yeah...

I kind of did the same thing. I was pretty settled on getting an ESP, and was shopping around, and found a deal way too good to pass up on Craigslist for a Les Paul Standard HP. I need to chuck the Burstbuckers, and mess with it some more, but it plays pretty damn nice right now.

Maybe one of these (though I wouldn't know what to do with it :) ..Here's a clip of someone that does know what to do with it.

:0/ ...Are you sure? Seemed like most of the playing was done with the dude's forarms and shirt-sleeves.. Either way, too many strings - somebody is gonna git' hurt - calling the cops.

Like the one I had at Vai Academy?

Almost the same. It's an orange HSH instead of a pink HSS, but everything else is the same.

I really liked the look of yours, especially the roasted maple neck.

Although I neglected to realize that it was on backorder from Sam Ash so I don't know exactly when I will receive it... :(

Almost the same. It's an orange HSH instead of a pink HSS, but everything else is the same.

I really liked the look of yours, especially the roasted maple neck.

Although I neglected to realize that it was on backorder from Sam Ash so I don't know exactly when I will receive it... :(
That's the same one that @nhgtrman has ;)

I like that one, too!

I'm hooked on the guitar for sound and feel... I've been a Wizard neck addict for years and this Charvel speed neck is now my 2nd favorite.

Only thing is it doesn't stay in tune compared to my Ibanez guitars. I've stretched the hell out of the strings but it slips out of tune between playing sessions.

Maybe this is normal for non-payment locking trems...

I like that one, too!

I'm hooked on the guitar for sound and feel... I've been a Wizard neck addict for years and this Charvel speed neck is now my 2nd favorite.

Only thing is it doesn't stay in tune compared to my Ibanez guitars. I've stretched the hell out of the strings but it slips out of tune between playing sessions.

Love that guitar, the neck is incredible! But i've noticed the tuning issue as well. Regardless, for that price it's an amazing instrument!

I like that one, too!

How are the stock pickups?

Love that guitar, the neck is incredible! But i've noticed the tuning issue as well. Regardless, for that price it's an amazing instrument!
Ok... Then at least it's not just mine!

I was thinking about trying the replacement locking saddles made by Wilkinson but I really have no idea if that is the problem.

The bridge studs also don't lock, so that could be part of problem.

How are the stock pickups?
I like them considering so far I am using presets that were created with my other guitars (primarily mahogany HSS Ibanez guitars using stock IBZUSA/DiMarzio pickups).

The switching options are also pretty cool. No load tone pot as well

I like them considering so far I am using presets that were created with my other guitars (primarily mahogany HSS Ibanez guitars using stock IBZUSA/DiMarzio pickups).

The switching options are also pretty cool. No load tone pot as well

I have my "rhythm" tones right now primarily created with my Fishman Fluence Moderns (in voice 2 position), but my "lead" ones are primarily created with Dimarzio PAF 7s. Interested to see how the leads translate to the Duncans in the Charvel, as that's the main duty it will see.

Back
Top Bottom