What are you all using to run FX8 Edit?

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hey guys,

Just wondering what you are all using to run FX8 Edit? I have my main mac I'm using at the moment that I use for work and other stuff at home. I was thinking of having a dedicated PC/Mac to run some music software FX8 Edit being one of them. And then if I need to take it out with me to rehearsals or a session I could. I thought maybe one of the new MacBooks but then I saw the price and thought maybe not lol.

What do you all think?

Using a Macbook Retina.

If it were for FX8-Edit only, I'd use a Netbook or something like that.

Using a Macbook Retina.

If it were for FX8-Edit only, I'd use a Netbook or something like that.

Yeah I thought that myself but I think I'd like to use some other software as well maybe logic or garage band. Plus I really hate windows. What's the new macbook retina's like? Worth the money? I'd be a bit worried on performance as the processor speed is fairly low. It looks good for SSD space and RAM though. And its pretty compact as well.

I have the 2014 model, 13". Not quite sure if I upgraded the specs, probably installed 8 Gb RAM.

CPU speed isn't that important, the CPU will certainly suffice.

Latest 2015 MacBook (thinner than Air) is nice but hasn't got enough ports.

I have the 2014 model, 13". Not quite sure if I upgraded the specs, probably installed 8 Gb RAM.

CPU speed isn't that important, the CPU will certainly suffice.

Latest 2015 MacBook (thinner than Air) is nice but hasn't got enough ports.

The lack of ports would bug me as well. i'm thinking of an air but then the macbook has a retina screen. Not sure really. I plan on selling my iPad air 2 to buy the new macbook I just don't use it enough nowadays.

Imac 27' late 2012 and a macbook pro 13' mid 2012 (This I have upgraded the memory to 16gb and 500gb drive)...
The Imac soon I'll update to 32gb (it has 8gb now and 1tb drive)...
And also have an 8tb thunderbolt external drive

I'm using my wife's old 2011 MacBook Pro for a dedicated "editors" machine. Plus Dropbox, of course, for library and preset synchronization back to the desktop...

I have never ever had issues on my late/mid 2012 imac/macbook.
For me is the way to go and I don't pretend to change machines in a near future :D

2011 17" MBP

I kind of want to talk myself into a surface pro to have a tablet to run editor. Not sure how the software works with touch or stylus but could be very cool for tweaking at rehearsal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom