What are the best/most useful IA's to have?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Just wanted to know what you would choose if you set up your pedal like mine(10 presets with 7 IA's). What 7 IA's would you choose and why?

Depends on your needs and patches.
I'd probably use one or two IAs (globally assigned) for my most switched FX, i.e. delay and pitch block.
Then maybe one for volume boost. Playing in one band, I don't need it, in the other I do.
The rest would get assigned to external controllers, that do whatever a patch may call for.
But as I said, it totally depends on the material you play and how you aproach patch programming on the Axe-Fx.

I'm using the following

Compressor for clean amps or Drive for other amps
Phaser
Pitch (between amp & cab for octaver & 5ths)
Flanger
Chorus
Delay 1
Delay 2 (multidelay)
Tremolo

A picture is a 1000 words...

I use banks of 5; but that doesn't matter really. Use the "Reveal" and it's a wide open palette.

IMG_6250.jpg

As Scott said: a picture is better than 1000 words
% presets per bank and three ext controllers for out volume, wha/whammy and effect mix (whatever it is in that patch)[attachment=0:1oq7gxdu]P9120001.jpg[/attachment:1oq7gxdu]

Attachments

• P9120001.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 251
How do you guys change presets in the middle of a song if you're in reveal mode? Let's say you started with a clean sound and wanted a dirty one...
Do you have to click reveal mode first, to get out of it, and then change preset, and then click reveal mode again to get access to all the IA buttons?

Enlighten me please!

Cheers!
- jonah

jonah said:
How do you guys change presets in the middle of a song if you're in reveal mode? Let's say you started with a clean sound and wanted a dirty one...
Do you have to click reveal mode first, to get out of it, and then change preset, and then click reveal mode again to get access to all the IA buttons?

Enlighten me please!

Cheers!
- jonah

I believe that's exactly how it works. :)

Muris_Varajic said:
jonah said:

Enlighten me please!

Cheers!
- jonah

Hmm, seems like a lot of tapdancing for my taste..
Why not keep 5 patchbuttons and have the rest as IA buttons?
What am I missing?

Cheers!
- jonah

For me it depends on the preset Im using at the time. I generally never use more than 4 A/I's in any given preset.

jonah said:
Muris_Varajic said:
jonah said:

Enlighten me please!

Cheers!
- jonah

What am I missing?

Cheers!
- jonah

5 patch buttons + 12 IAs = bank size 5.

jonah said:
Muris_Varajic said:
jonah said:

Enlighten me please!

Cheers!
- jonah

What am I missing?

Cheers!
- jonah

I only put stuff on the bottom row of five that I rarely use; this has never been an issue yet.

You can bank up/down and still select a new preset on the fly - even in reveal mode.

But as pointed out above, it's not 'tap dancing' if you know you want a new preset and click 'reveal' before you need to get a new patch. Whatever you turned on/off when in 'reveal' mode stays on/off when you click reveal to 'hide' the IA.

Back
Top Bottom