What are some good desk rigs?

Fowleri

Inspired
I'm looking for inspiration. I've seen those studio desks like Platform, it looks cool, but the downside of them is that they stick out a lot. It's like 36 inches in depth minimum. My current desk is like 23-24" depth. My desk is in front of my bed. If I were to put a desk that deep, I would barely have enough space for a chair which would be too close to bed, almost touching it.

The ideal desk would be 30" deep, but I can't seem to find any studio desk of this size.

I'm also torn between buying a 60" or 72" desk. I have the space wide for 72". I'd rather have more space

I could buy a 60" desk and eventually buy those rack shelves where I could put my studio monitors

I don't like the idea of studio monitor stands on the floor. It looks ugly, takes up space, messy, and cable management sucks

I found this with 31" depth

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...yboard-and-studio-monitor-upgrades-black-trim

Last edited:
Yikes, $900 for some particle board that you have to assemble yourself anyway, with no drawers. Build a desk yourself with a solid core door from FB marketplace/craigslist and some desk legs on amazon/etc. Buy or build some desk studio monitor stands to get them up to ear height. Signum for your cables.

I had a custom desktop rack made by Nice Racks. You can then use any ol' desk.

Tracking-Room-sm.png

https://www.nice-racks.com/

If I was looking for a desk, or any furniture for that matter, I'd find a Habitat Restore or the like and go see what they have. Places like that are always getting different stuff in, so you never know what you'll find, but the best part is the prices. (You mentioned something about this being an expensive hobby, so personally I'd look to save money on stuff like this, and not buy new.)

Plus, a lot of the stuff you'll find is made of real wood, not this particle board/laminate crap that everything seems to be made out of these days.

I'm looking for inspiration. I've seen those studio desks like Platform, it looks cool, but the downside of them is that they stick out a lot. It's like 36 inches in depth minimum. My current desk is like 23-24" depth. My desk is in front of my bed. If I were to put a desk that deep, I would barely have enough space for a chair which would be too close to bed, almost touching it.

The ideal desk would be 30" deep, but I can't seem to find any studio desk of this size.

I'm also torn between buying a 60" or 72" desk. I have the space wide for 72". I'd rather have more space

I could buy a 60" desk and eventually buy those rack shelves where I could put my studio monitors

I don't like the idea of studio monitor stands on the floor. It looks ugly, takes up space, messy, and cable management sucks

I found this with 31" depth

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...yboard-and-studio-monitor-upgrades-black-trim
Please post to the appropriate forums.

Desks are not specific to the FX3. The Lounge is more appropriate.

I currently have my Axe-Fx 3 sideways in a basic rack case under my desk because it doesn't comfortable fit on it because of all the other stuff I want there. Primarily the issue is that I like my computer displays to be fairly low for ergonimic reasons which means the Axe-Fx 3 gets in the way or is covered. Planning to move it to a side desk instead. Can't stand the rack desk setup because the display is going to be too high up.

I feel if you have this little desktop space then it would be better to stuff the Axe-Fx 3 somewhere else.

I currently have my Axe-Fx 3 sideways in a basic rack case under my desk because it doesn't comfortable fit on it because of all the other stuff I want there. Primarily the issue is that I like my computer displays to be fairly low for ergonimic reasons which means the Axe-Fx 3 gets in the way or is covered. Planning to move it to a side desk instead. Can't stand the rack desk setup because the display is going to be too high up.

I feel if you have this little desktop space then it would be better to stuff the Axe-Fx 3 somewhere else.
Same arrangement here - works really well. The level knobs are still in arms reach, which are the only physical controls I need other than the power switch when plugged into the computer.

Back
Top Bottom