What are my options for getting music from a phone/tablet to a PA system?

biggness

Power User
I have a crawfish boil coming up in a few weeks and want to lug my frfr speakers and sub outdoors and blast the neighborhood with some Whitney Houston, Outkast, and Meshuggah.

So far I have the speakers and my phone with Spotify.

What else do I need, need to do?

Care to elaborate a bit? All my phones iPhones which lack a proper output.
Then you need that little lightning to headphone jack adapter, and a cable to connect to a mixer or other device that can send the signal to the speakers. Usually a mini stereo plug to 2 RCA or 2 1/4 plugs will work between the phone and mixer, depends on the mixer. Then just XLR cables (or whatever connection the speakers have) between the mixer and speakers.

I have a few actually, they are cheap and a real convenience

Check this one out, it has a couple connection options and is dirt cheap:

Amazon product ASIN B07FZ3G7SC
Just plug that into your mixer, pair it with your iPad and you are ready to rock...wirelessly!
Jon I have to say I have one and I use it to Bluetooth to my mixer & garage stereo
They are the best I usely Bluetooth my iPad and controlle the sound from my iPad there awesome and cheap IMO

I HIGHLY recommend this one:

Amazon product ASIN B00EDRUQXC
You can get cheaper ones yes, but for its size, you will be hard to find something that packs so much power into something so tiny! Plus, you can use the RCA connections on the receiver directly.

If you aren't going to use the RCA, you can get a 3.5 to 1/4" stereo breakout cable for a couple bucks extra:

Amazon product ASIN B07MTDHH47
If you plan to have more connections in the future the 8 channel version of the mixer is a great buy too! But if you're keeping things simple, that mini mixer is an absolute treasure!

I HIGHLY recommend this one:

Amazon product ASIN B00EDRUQXC
You can get cheaper ones yes, but for its size, you will be hard to find something that packs so much power into something so tiny! Plus, you can use the RCA connections on the receiver directly.

If you aren't going to use the RCA, you can get a 3.5 to 1/4" stereo breakout cable for a couple bucks extra:

Amazon product ASIN B07MTDHH47
If you plan to have more connections in the future the 8 channel version of the mixer is a great buy too! But if you're keeping things simple, that mini mixer is an absolute treasure!

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I'll definitely be ordering this setup!

I'm also excited because I bought this house in January of last year. March of last year, I discovered that my neighbor behind me has a decently loud stereo that he plays loudly into the wee hours of the night for bbq's and boils, any day of the week, without regard for the neighborhood...

...so in addition to the fun we're going to have, he's going to get a dose of an 8,000 watt sound system. Lol

• Wow
Reactions: jon
Back
Top Bottom