What Amp is your Bass player using

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
I will need to buy a bass rig sometime this year to keep in my studio and take out to gig with. I want a 4x10 cab but am unsure what head to get. I have heard good things about the Markbass amps. What are your bass players using and or what are speaker options (neodymium ext)?

Well,

taste is subjective but after touring extensively with an svt I would probably go for the Orange ad200b this time around.

Admittedly I go for growling dirty rock tones so the headroom is not as important to me.

On the other hand had a markbass at a rehearsal studio and enjoyed it just fine. Sort of vanilla to me though and I really prefer tube power sections on bass guitar.

When I play bass gigs I use a MarkBass 2x10 combo that is awesome. We always have FOH support so all I need it for is so I can hear. Sometimes I'll augment it with another 1x12 cab (Schroeder or Epifani). In my other band I play guitar and the bass player doesn't even bring an amp. We run him through a DI into a Behringer X32 which goes into a MacBook Air with Waves Multirack and is processed through an Amp Emulator into our In Ear Monitors and front of house speakers. It sounds awesome and he's happy not to be packing an amp anymore.

My bass player uses a Markbass, with one sometimes two tiny light weight 2x10 cabs, it really packs some punch.

hfmx.jpg

Last edited:
There is an Ampeg 8x10 in my studio now. the goal is to move away from something that big and it's waaay over kill.

I've tried Fender, GK, Markbass and Eden. The Eden WT-800 w/ a pair of 2x10's was the only rig that could cover the gamut for me when I was playing in a hard rock/funk outfit.

I've used SVT and Markbass (both great) - these days I just use the SVT model in the Axe II though. Very happy with that btw !

Edit: just now saw that the question was what my bass player uses, not what I've used for bass:

I have worked and do work with differnet bass players
Currently I work woth 3 bass players, one uses an SVT stack, one a TC electronic bass amp and the third uses a Dementer preamp into a power amp.
All 3 sound really good.
I've recently worked shortly with a guy who played an Aguilar, he had a killer bass sound.

Last edited:
In-keeping with the 'silent stage' approach which AxeFX, Ultra & triggered drum samples enables, our Bass player uses a Bass POD Pro. Does the job! :encouragement:

My bassist uses an SVT ... but I wish he used an Aguilar ... they are soooooo good. :encouragement:

If I ever do buy a bass amp it will be an Aguilar ... but I am really hoping Sir Cliff Case makes that purchase unnecessary ... one day. :)

Back
Top Bottom