What am I doing incorrectly? FC12

violindave

Inspired
I have 4 switches assigned to 8 scenes. [4 of them when stomp quick on a switch and 4 of them holding the switch down]. works fine and as expected. I have several other switches assigned to effects, with two effects assigned to each switch [one each when switch held down]. This does not work. When I hold these switches down the second effect does not come on

this includes pairs of pitch 1/pitch 2 ...delay 1/delay 2... chorus/reverb 2

Any ideas?

Thanks

Neat setup idea. Can you post a screenshot of your configuration for those switches that aren’t doing what you want?

that's how I have mine set up much of the time....do you have the effects switches designated what to switch to on the hold?

Are you possibly running into hidden hold/combo switches? Depending on which switches you e chosen, may be the issue.

ok actually I was wrong.
If I tap I get the tap effect.
If I want just the hold effect I have to tap again to release the tap effect. Then Hold. Then tap and the Hold effect come on. Then tap and the hold effect goes off.
If I want both effects I can tap to get the tap effect. Then Hold and tap to get the Hold effect and now both effects are on.

Is there a way to get the hold effect without having to tap after the hold?
Also is there a way to get the Hold effect to have a different color than the tap effect?

Chris - yes the pitch2 block is in the preset. All the effects in the screen shot are in the preset

the way it works is tap and release quickly, the tap function fires. Press and hold and the hold function fires.

They are independent and don’t affect each other at all. Not sure what you’re describing.

Chris is right, except if I tap and tap function fires, unless I want both tap function and hold function together I have to release the tap function with another tap

Now if I press and hold the hold function comes on but to turn it off I need to press and hold again

To make it more confusing the name on the switch changes to the hold function name while pressing but once I take foot off the switch it reverts to the tap function name on FC12 switch, but the hold function is actually fired

For example I tap on switch that says delay 2. Delay 2 is now active and the switch lights up and I hear delay 2.
tap again and light goes dim and delay 2 is released.
If I now press and hold that switch it says Delay 1 while holding but when I stop holding it reverts to delay 2 but not switch is not lit. But delay 1 is actually active - I can hear it and it shows as active in the preset display. To release delay 1, I need to press and hold again.

I think the functionality makes sense now. But is there a way to have the switch display the Hold effect name [delay 1] and lit up with a different color to when it is in tap effect [delay 2]?

Last edited:
You can't actuate both the tap and hold functions at the same time. They are independent. It will require two presses of the switch.

The LED state only reflects the tap function, not the hold and the scribble strip will only show the hold function name while you are holding the switch or holding another switch in that layout that has the Reveal Hold function assigned to it.

pressing and continuing to hold does not activate both tap and hold.

Tap specifically means press and let go quickly.

Hold specifically means press and hold until it changes.

You Tap or Hold. Not both with the same initial press.

pressing and continuing to hold does not activate both tap and hold.

Tap specifically means press and let go quickly.

Hold specifically means press and hold until it changes.

You Tap or Hold. Not both with the same initial press.
understood, But once you activate the tap function, to release it you have to tap again. Correct?
And once you activate the Hold function, you have to press and hold again to release that. Correct?
If you activate tap and do not release it with second tap, but then press and hold on the same switch, you now have both functions activated at the same time. Correct?
That is how it is working for me.
I get now how the scribble and light/color works and can live with that.
I think it was just not getting how it all works. Now it makes sense
Thanks!!

understood, But once you activate the tap function, to release it you have to tap again. Correct?
And once you activate the Hold function, you have to press and hold again to release that. Correct?
If you activate tap and do not release it with second tap, but then press and hold on the same switch, you now have both functions activated at the same time. Correct?
That is how it is working for me.
I get now how the scribble and light/color works and can live with that.
I think it was just not getting how it all works. Now it makes sense
Thanks!!
Yup. Maybe “release” is the word confusing things. I think of it as on and off, or engage and bypass.

Tap is exactly like any stomp box: tap and let go it turns on. To turn it off, tap and let go again. Hold is the same thing, you’re just holding longer.

Back
Top Bottom