What’s your Main Gee-tar!!! And why….

Only have two guitars at the moment. One is an ESP Horizon with a quasi-botched stainless steel refret that I'm selling back to a friend. The other is my current main, a Caparison Dellinger SE - EMG 85/SLV/SLV, Schaller Floyd Rose. The contrast between the two means that I don't really A-B them, so I don't play the ESP much. The ESP is going to finance another MESA 4x12 and I might let the Caparison go in order to get my first Suhr.

Here's mine, it's the first guitar I ordered to my specs. It's a 2018 PRS Custom 22 Piezo. Artist grade top. Solid Rosewood neck with Ebony fretboard. Has the original pickups: 85/15's. The only thing I've changed are black pickup rings and the wiring. Mine is front to back: Neck Single Coil, Neck Humbucker, Neck Single Coil-Humbucker Bridge, Bridge Single Coil and Bridge Humbucker. If I lost it I'd order an exact replica. I love it.

IMG_9835.jpeg

Only have two guitars at the moment. One is an ESP Horizon with a quasi-botched stainless steel refret that I'm selling back to a friend. The other is my current main, a Caparison Dellinger SE - EMG 85/SLV/SLV, Schaller Floyd Rose. The contrast between the two means that I don't really A-B them, so I don't play the ESP much. The ESP is going to finance another MESA 4x12 and I might let the Caparison go in order to get my first Suhr.
Pictures plz

1706538138495.jpeg

Front is my main stage guitar with #2 and/or #3 as a backup that I'll grab for 5-6 songs a night. #5 is drop-tuned on the low E for specific songs. Every one gets played at home along with an acoustic and an old Olympic as a couch guitar. I blame "lack of proper supervision"

not to derail but it isn't finished yet.

To-do list:
  • Furman PL8C-E power conditioner
  • Second MESA / Boogie Engineering oversized 4x12
I'd try out the Synergy stuff but I can't afford it. I may as well buy a real TriAxis.
Two Mesa cabs, wowzers, that will be epic for sure. Synergy stuff seems really cool too.

The Suhr Classic S in my profile pic. It's a limited edition paulownia guitar, very, very light, and it just has that extra little bit. I keep it in its case until I'm ready to hang it up on the wall (I have pets). My other guitar is a Chapman ML1-RS, with hand wound Wiggins Brand pickups. It's a great guitar, plays well, the pick ups make it sound amazing, it's a very light ash body...and I keep it on a stand, so it's easy to grab. At one point, the Suhr stayed in its case for about a month, as I was just grabbing the Chapman and playing, but then one day I took the Suhr out of its case, and as soon as my hand wrapped around its neck, I was like oh yeah, this is the guitar I'm supposed to be playing.

I'm going to buy another Suhr, a telecaster, in the next 12 months...I would get them to make me another paulownia strat (with SSS instead of HSS), but John Suhr told me they're not going to make anymore with that wood...he said it's too hard to source, and too difficult to work with, which is a shame.

Rhett Schull says Suhrs don't have any "vibe", but he's out of his hipster mind. This guitar has vibe all day long.

The Suhr Classic S in my profile pic. It's a limited edition paulownia guitar, very, very light, and it just has that extra little bit. I keep it in its case until I'm ready to hang it up on the wall (I have pets). My other guitar is a Chapman ML1-RS, with hand wound Wiggins Brand pickups. It's a great guitar, plays well, the pick ups make it sound amazing, it's a very light ash body...and I keep it on a stand, so it's easy to grab. At one point, the Suhr stayed in its case for about a month, as I was just grabbing the Chapman and playing, but then one day I took the Suhr out of its case, and as soon as my hand wrapped around its neck, I was like oh yeah, this is the guitar I'm supposed to be playing.

I'm going to buy another Suhr, a telecaster, in the next 12 months...I would get them to make me another paulownia strat (with SSS instead of HSS), but John Suhr told me they're not going to make anymore with that wood...he said it's too hard to source, and too difficult to work with, which is a shame.

Rhett Schull says Suhrs don't have any "vibe", but he's out of his hipster mind. This guitar has vibe all day long.
I don't mind Schull's content but he is a total cork-sniffer.

I don't mind Schull's content but he is a total cork-sniffer.
I watch some of his videos. He gets great tone, the video production is always really good, he's a good, solid professional guitarist. I'm sure if I met him, I'd think he's a cool guy. But definitely a hipster.

[Edit] his catchphrase really annoys me - "there is no plan B", as though going to uni to learn something just in case you don't make it over the hump will only derail you from going pro. Somewhere, some kid who should have gone to school is taking that advice and screwing himself.

You could get a Suhr Paulownia and swap the pickguard and pickups for SSS.

Reactions: rog

We hafta remember to keep the humidity in the house set high enough to care for our guitars if they're out all the time. I've seen electrics become very hard to set up from lack of humidity. .02

Back
Top Bottom