Whammy sudden "jump" when enabled?

mortega76

Fractal Fanatic
Is there a way to "blend" the whammy (and Wah if possible) when using octave 1 or 2 up or down autoengage (instead of the sudden jump)? Thanks...

Last edited:
Idea.jpg
Put your wah/wammy on a parallel row, then put a mixer to control the dry and wet (w/ wah) levels.
Control the gains of the dry and wet lines with two modifiers controlled by pitch.

Thanks for chiming in... in this scenario, would it be possible to auto-engage by simply kicking up the pedal (as is the case now)... seems like I would have to enable the mixer channel then sweep back...

Why not set the mix of the whammy to the same control as what is raising the pitch? This is how I do it. When rocked back, the effect is 0% when rocked forward it is 50%.

Oh... great idea BK... I'll try to set it up for quick ramp (and quick auto engage so that it's not on when I don't have a midi controller hooked up to it) on the mix and that might actually work on both the Wah and the Whammy. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm in travel this week, but I can post something this weekend.

It's simple though. Place a whammy block first in the line. I use 2 octaves up. Set pitch controller to CTRL1 and set half way mark to 100% pitch. Then assign the mix parameter to CTRL1 as well and set mix to 50% at half way and 50% at all the way. At zero make the mix 0%. When rocked back, its out of the loop. When you rock foward you get that nice satriani weeeee

Thanks for chiming in... in this scenario, would it be possible to auto-engage by simply kicking up the pedal (as is the case now)... seems like I would have to enable the mixer channel then sweep back...
I didn't get what you want, I thought you were using an autowah, or autowammy, and you wanted it to blend in when you were playing up in the neck.

No problem... just glad you chimed in with some advise... I just want to try to avoid that "click" that occurs when you auto engage the Whammy (and possibly the Wah, but it's not as important for that)...

What I'm aiming for is that slow smooth pitch up with no "clicking"...

Thanks!

I just want to try to avoid that "click" that occurs when you auto engage the Whammy (and possibly the Wah, but it's not as important for that)...

What I'm aiming for is that slow smooth pitch up with no "clicking"...

Thanks!
if I understand you correctly, then it's something I've been trying since a long time, but never could get right. the problem for me was, if you assign mix to the controller as well (which i did), to avoid the auto engage "click", you won't get mix to be fast enough. what I'd like is that the full mix sweep from 0-100 is happening withing like the first 3-5% of the pedal range, just enough so that you don't hear the "engage click". with the current modifiers it's not possible though to get that sweep short enough. additional parameters would be needed, like "range" where you can determine how much pedal range is being used by a modifier so to speak. or a better parameter for "time", where you can freely set the start middle and end positions.

if you do a search here, you'll find a few topics about this already...

Back
Top Bottom