Whammy ( Killing in the name solo ) help needed

I don't have an expression pedal yet. I haven't seen the whammy block. Is it listed as something else ? Or do you have to have a pedal to see the option. I thought surely, an octave up harmony feature would be on here somewhere...
The whammy is a form of the pitch block, you have to open the pitch block to find the Whammy.

Kicked ass!!! Thanks for posting.. . There's a RATM tribute band here in VT called Burning Monk, but I haven't seen them yet. You guys sounded great

thank you very much sir! we do our best cause we LOVE RATM!!

I think i will just live with it since I only have a killswitch, no volume, no tone.
thanks you all for your time and ideas.

We are nearly in the same boat, I also have no tone, i have a volume but nearly never use it and a killswitch of course as well.

I use a low gain setting for this with a Lace Deathbuckers in single coil sound, it's in bridge position since I only have 1 pickup but still, how do you guys make it sound so smooth in the sweep, mine seem so stiffer, is this a damping thing?

sorry for the late reply by the way I read a lot on these forums when I have trouble but otherwise I don't frequent here too often. But for a fellow Canadian, I must try to help you nail this! that is, If you still haven't found the right way to get the right sound as of yet.

Can you explain what you mean by stiffer? As in the notes or effect sounds disappears? Make sure you don't have a noise gate on, i know this might sound weird, but i play with no gate, as it chokes the effects and doesn't come out as much as if the gate was on.

As for the sweep itself, when rocking your foot is not a smooth sweep at all, it's more like going from toe to heel really quickly, (toe position on the down beat, heel position on the "and" beat) while tremolo picking the entire time (except for the sustained notes).

I also noticed just recently just HOW big a difference a neck pickup is vs a bridge pickup, different harmonics and overtones everywhere. We've covered people of the sun, and i cannot get those same harmonic sounds without a neck pickup. I can't even come close to it with a bridge pickup.

Here's a recent show we did of killing in the name, same settings etc pretty much as the last video, slightly less gain, shittier PA sound, and it still comes out quite prominent

thank you very much sir! we do our best cause we LOVE RATM!!

We are nearly in the same boat, I also have no tone, i have a volume but nearly never use it and a killswitch of course as well.

sorry for the late reply by the way I read a lot on these forums when I have trouble but otherwise I don't frequent here too often. But for a fellow Canadian, I must try to help you nail this! that is, If you still haven't found the right way to get the right sound as of yet.

Can you explain what you mean by stiffer? As in the notes or effect sounds disappears? Make sure you don't have a noise gate on, i know this might sound weird, but i play with no gate, as it chokes the effects and doesn't come out as much as if the gate was on.

As for the sweep itself, when rocking your foot is not a smooth sweep at all, it's more like going from toe to heel really quickly, (toe position on the down beat, heel position on the "and" beat) while tremolo picking the entire time (except for the sustained notes).

I also noticed just recently just HOW big a difference a neck pickup is vs a bridge pickup, different harmonics and overtones everywhere. We've covered people of the sun, and i cannot get those same harmonic sounds without a neck pickup. I can't even come close to it with a bridge pickup.

Here's a recent show we did of killing in the name, same settings etc pretty much as the last video, slightly less gain, shittier PA sound, and it still comes out quite prominent

I no longer have problems to get that tone, I quit the band. ;)

Back
Top Bottom