Whammy DT

AXEMike

Hi All
Do you guys/girls have any tips on using the Whammy DT with the FM9?
I picked this one as I can change the tuning via MIDI per patch the way I am currenly using the second pitch block on my AXFX3.
I need drop tuning for some songs and cannot give up using the pitch block for the Petrucci Detune ;).
I have seen a lot of examples of using it in a loop after the input block, Is that a better way than using it inline before the FM9 input?

I have a Digitech Drop pedal and I use mine between the guitar and my FM9. I can see why people would say put it in the loop then position the loop after the input block but I am saving that for a drive pedal.

I think the input block gives you the ability to reflect these different loads back to the guitar pickups and I did not know if that was why it was put in the loop or what. I have not really had any need to use any kind of pedal with my fractal stuff so far (the unit has done everything I needed) so not sure how to approach this.

1717980956709.png

Last edited:
I use my DT Pedal between Output 3 and back in through Input 3

Then use the Output 3 and Input 3 in my signal chain, so can put it anywhere, leave the DT pedal permanently engaged then, the Preset switching does the rest.

My plan is to use a midi block to set the drop tune based on the current preset. Is that how you are using it?

So this is working great so far. MIDI can switch the detune and set up the whammy side of the pedal on the scene or preset switch. I am still not 100% on putting in front of the fractal or using the loop. I am not hearing very much difference in the sound if it is before the input block or after.

Could not figure out a way to shift the MIDI PC numbers down to match the Whammy manual so I made up a new diagram that lines up with the AXE/FM9. Thought I would share it in case anyone else wants to use it.

1718915312850.png1718915339347.png

Attachments

• WhammyDrop[MIDI].pdf
    166 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom