Whammy and/or Wah per scene

Finnster

Inspired
Using a spring loaded Mission expression pedal.
I have it set to auto-on for the wah. Can I use the same setting for the pitch-shift/Whammy? Meaning one scene the wah is active and on another scene the whammy effect is active.

I must be doing something wrong because they both engage. I’m sure it’s something simple.

Currently just using two separate presets which are the same but the only difference is the wah or pitch shift/whammy.

If they are located at the same point in the signal chain, you can put the two blocks in parallel and use a Multiplexer block after them to select between the two. Auto-Engage will still turn them both on at the same time, but you'll only hear the one that is selected by the MUX block.

If they are located at the same point in the signal chain, you can put the two blocks in parallel and use a Multiplexer block after them to select between the two. Auto-Engage will still turn them both on at the same time, but you'll only hear the one that is selected by the MUX block.
Came here to post exactly this. I have a patch for when bands want to play "Like a Stone" and the guitar solo uses both a whammy and a wah. Halfway through the solo I switch scenes and the whammy pedal now functions like a wah using the multiplexer block

Came here to post exactly this. I have a patch for when bands want to play "Like a Stone" and the guitar solo uses both a whammy and a wah. Halfway through the solo I switch scenes and the whammy pedal now functions like a wah using the multiplexer block
There's no wah on that solo. +2 octave whammy all the way through.

Thank you! I will try this.

And can I assign the MUX block to switch its input with a switch or scene?

Last edited:
Alternatively, the way I usually do this is with channel-specific modifiers. In one scene/channel the wah modifier uses the pedal, in the other scene/channel the whammy uses the pedal. That way you're not constrained to putting the blocks at the same point in the chain.
Yeah if you use only one channel in each block, this is the cleanest way to do it.

Alternatively, the way I usually do this is with channel-specific modifiers. In one scene/channel the wah modifier uses the pedal, in the other scene/channel the whammy uses the pedal. That way you're not constrained to putting the blocks at the same point in the chain.
Do you have your blocks set up in parallel or linear and one in front of the other?

Do you have your blocks set up in parallel or linear and one in front of the other?

Parallel for sure. I have 3 rows, one with pitch block (whammy), one with wah and one thats a dry shunt for the regular rhythm tone. The expression pedal is always controlling both the wah and the pitch and they're never bypassed. The multiplexer just selects which row depending on the scene

It doesn't matter. With the channel-specific modifier method, you can put the blocks anywhere you like in the chain. Only one of the blocks is being controlled by the pedal in each scene. There's no need to route the audio in any particular way to make that happen.

Here's a simple 2 scene demonstration of the channel-specific modifier technique, controlled by "External 1". You can expand on this to add more scenes and more channels, but it shows that you can put the wah and whammy blocks anywhere you want in the chain.

Attachments

• WahAndWhammy.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 13
Here's a simple 2 scene demonstration of the channel-specific modifier technique, controlled by "External 1". You can expand on this to add more scenes and more channels, but it shows that you can put the wah and whammy blocks anywhere you want in the chain.
Thanks will check this out

Back
Top Bottom