Wha / Volume switcher

IIIMK

Hello,
Is there any way the AXE-FX can be set up to allow 1 expression pedal to function as both a Wah and a volume controller (not at the same time) via using a IA button.??
Thanks in advance,
///MK

Yes, assign the IA to wah & vol bypass controls in the preset and reverse the modifier slope of one (100/50/0 for start/mid/end). If you want autoengage for wah a different approach is required; the easiest way is probably wah & shunt in parallel just before a mixer with IA controlling mixer levels.

Slightly off topic but as a noob I have to ask .. I'm assuming a IA switch is just a regular programable switch on a midi controller but what does it standard for ?

I am able to get one pedal to control wah and volume at same time but not able to switch between one or the other using 1 ia?
please elaborate??

Eureka got it!!!!
I had to assign the expr 2 mapped to the IA for the bypass on the vol
thank you so much!!!!!!!

bump --- could someone explain this to me step by step, Im trying to do the same with volume and whammy. lets say I have ext.2 set for volume and whammy, this is my exp. pedal. first I suppose I must use a ia switch to switch between them. so say I use this switch, say IA number 4 on my pedalboard. what cc do I assign to them? is it volume bypass or volume output? whammy bypass? do I set the" in preset" controller different?

so say I use this switch, say IA number 4 on my pedalboard. what cc do I assign to them? is it volume bypass or volume output? whammy bypass? do I set the" in preset" controller different?

The switch needs to send the CC# of another Ext Ctrl. Then you can assign that to switch between effects in the preset, like with bypass modifiers (press enter on byp. mode control) working in opposite ways. Sometimes a mixer is useful. The routing & use of auto-engage will determine exactly what works in any preset--other examples of Ext Ctrl switching here:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/other-midi-controllers/36444-expression-pedal-cc-3.html#post498926

Hi Bakerman, I tried and tried but cannot get the expression pedal to bypass on and off. I am sure I am missing something. One of the problems is/was do I have to have a volume/pan block? If so I can toggle this on and off, but it doesnt actually change the expression pedal from being on or off (not in autengage mode)

Basics: I can set my whammy and volume to the same expression pedal, I just dont seem to be able to toggle one off and one on. I have set ext. controller 2 to a cc of 7 ( a built in number assigned to that pedal on my eprom chip) so I set in the i/o menu, volume output to cc 7, and whammy bypass to 7. so now no matter what I set in the preset globally I cant turn these on or off.

I tried making one of my pushbutton (i/a?) foot switches say cc 68; then assigned in the i/o menu whammy and volume ?bypass to 68. then in the preset menu bypass I set these both to ext contr. 7 and reversed one. still nada? which step am I missing? any help is appreciated, thanks.

The switch needs to send the CC# of another Ext Ctrl. Then you can assign that to switch between effects in the preset, like with bypass modifiers (press enter on byp. mode control) working in opposite ways. Sometimes a mixer is useful. The routing & use of auto-engage will determine exactly what works in any preset--other examples of Ext Ctrl switching here:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/other-midi-controllers/36444-expression-pedal-cc-3.html#post498926

If I have one external controller eg mine is set to ext controller number 7, this controls my expression pedal Im not sure what the "cc of ANOTHER ext ctrl. means"? I only have one expression pedal available. so my volume and whammy are both set to cc 7.

You need to use another one of the I/O menu's external controllers for the IA switch. So at the I/O: CTRL page the only items that should match the CC#s of the pedal & IA are 2 Ext Ctrls, nothing else like volume or block bypasses. The rest of the setup is all done within the preset by assigning those 2 Ext Ctrls as modifiers. The pedal's ext. ctrl. gets assigned as usual (wah/pitch ctrl. knob, etc.), the IA switch's ext. ctrl. accomplishes switching in some way (bypass modifiers, mixer levels, possibly mix %). Swapping the start & end values of one modifier will often be the key to making the switching happen how you want.

If you can check out the (Ultra) preset and description in the link above that might clarify how ext ctrls can perform switching in different ways.

Back
Top Bottom