Wet/Dry/Wet Setup with AXE FX II - Wiring & Preset Building?

Pat

Hey Guys,

i'm currently running an Axe FX II from Output 1 L/R into a Fryette Stereo poweramp out to 2 cabs. A very basic stereo-setup so to speak.

Now i'm considering to get a Cameron CCV100 and use the amp in 4CM with the Axe. With this additional amp i have the ability to run a W/D/W Setup right? Never done it before so please correct me if i'm wrong :eek:ops

Actually i wanted to post a shematic of my wiring-thoughts but the more a try to figure it out the more i get confused:? Sorry for that.

I very appriciate any kind of help on this,

regards from vienna,

Pat

If you want to use the AXE for preamps, then run one "dry" output from an FXL block in the AXE (output 2) into the Cameron Effects loop return (if it has one), then run your wet effects after the FXL block, using outputs 1 (L&R) into your fryette, and into your we cabs.

Or, if you want to run your Cameron as your preamp, then run guitar into cameron, speaker out into load box (hot plate etc.), and run one dry speaker cable into your dry cabinet, then use a line level output from the load box into the input of your axe for your wet effects, and output 1 (L&R) into your fryette and into wet cabs.

Reactions: Pat
I have the CCV and the Axe II, but I don't have a separate power amp until tomorrow. If you are using the Axe for effects only and the Cameron is the pre-amp (which I would assume), then the CCV has a line-out you can use for your wet signal. Don't need a load-box.

Reactions: Pat
I have the CCV and the Axe II, but I don't have a separate power amp until tomorrow. If you are using the Axe for effects only and the Cameron is the pre-amp (which I would assume), then the CCV has a line-out you can use for your wet signal. Don't need a load-box.

Even better!

Thank you :) i was checking out the CCV more closely yesterday and i noticed the Line Out. I asked Brad King if the Line Out features a speaker simulation (like in the JVM) but obviously it's a preamplified-only signal which is great in this case.

How do you like the combination of Axe II and CCV? Does your CCV already has the built in MIDI?

Thank you :) i was checking out the CCV more closely yesterday and i noticed the Line Out. I asked Brad King if the Line Out features a speaker simulation (like in the JVM) but obviously it's a preamplified-only signal which is great in this case.

How do you like the combination of Axe II and CCV? Does your CCV already has the built in MIDI?

I like the Axe alot better this go around (4th times a charm...lol). I've only had it a few days now. I've really only been using the CCV as a power amp for the Axe to try to dial in a tone similar to my Mesa Roadster. Now that I've been sucessful with that, I will likely sell the Roadster (assuming it sounds as good with the SS power amp) and keep the CCV and Axe. The Axe will provide the Wet signal when the Matrix GT1000 arrives (tonight!). When I want a different pre-amp tone, I'll just used the Axe/Matrix.

I love the CCV. It's the best amp I've ever owned. I had an original CCV and now the newer production CCV. Mine was one of the first to be built as I was the first person to order one from Brad when he revived Cameron amps. It has MIDI, but I really haven't hooked it up with the Axe yet.

Back
Top Bottom