wet/dry/wet cab choice and routing question

randombastage

Experienced
I was wondering if any of you have tried something like this. A pair of QSC K10's for the stereo wet portion and a power amp into a single more traditional guitar cab for the 'dry' tone in the middle.
My reasoning is I often read about the compromise between the FRFR cab vs. the 'guitar' cab and how the FRFR gives all the versatility to experience the cab models but the real guitar cab without the models gives more of the "amp in the room" feel and sound.

Can you have patches set up to have two outputs from the AxeFX where there is a stereo output that has cab sims in it and a mono output without cab sims at the same time?

hi I am currently running 2 JBL eons for wet and 2 bogner cubes for dry thru a Mesa 2:90...only just got the JBLs... (getting some awesome sounds in terms of the mix of speakers)

I have also been running 2xbogner cubes with a 8008 marshall for wet and the 2:90 for dry thru a Marshall 4x12 v30 cab for dry..( more conventional WDW...this sounds great with a great expanded overdriven sound...not really tried WDW for very over effected signals.)

Still working on the combinations but the JBLs and Bogner cubes sound great ... will post picture...

I am trying to get a very wide stereo hi fi effect but the JBLs give a very recorded sound and the bogners a slighty more amp cab..

Its all very experimental at the moment so i would be very interested to hear what other people are trying.. and how they are running

I'm also trying two diffrerent amps in one preset and running things parallel ...a vast array of sounds as well as all the cab sims....

its going to take some time !! Jim !!!

Back
Top Bottom