Went from Q3 to Q6.1 everything is bassey

boardwlk17

Power User
Everything is really Bassey, and not alot of highs at all how do I fix it
Do I need to change something to bring back the high end?
Had it up at gig level going through a matrix into a marshall 4x12,direct into our X32 into foh and monitors there doesn't seem to be much high end

Turned up the treble,brightness about all the way,no where near as bright it's like muffled with a moving blanket over the speaker cab

Yes did that too, there was a huge change from 3 to 6.1 my main amp is a freedman v1 and the crunch was just not there. Maybe I'll try to reinstall.got a new years gig just have to keep tweeking

Until a very recent time, I cut a lot of bass, more and more, until the tone got brittle and tinny.

Nowadays, I cut bass normally (only on the cab block), and additionaly, via e GEQ, I reduce the 250/500 regions.

Give it a try. I'm getting better results now.

I also experianced a change in bass/treble but never found out why. Thought it was my cap pack from Ownhammer but have to look more into this on this thread...

Its the Harmonics dial.
Turn it down to almost ZERO.
For me turning the Harmonics dial anything above 1 totally, and I mean TOTALLY kills your tone. (this is my finding anyway) Its like throwing a goose down duvet over you speaker cab.....

I'm pretty far from a pro at this stuff, but I've found that turning down the bass can have the effect of removing the wet blanket. Just turning up the treble doesn't do it. Also double-check your tone knobs on guitar and don't have your Wah pedal accidentally engaged in a near heel-down position :)

Back
Top Bottom