Went for supreme classic rock tone on this one

Here's the break-down of the patches:

The "lighter" rhythm guitars (intro and behind the solo) is an AC30. Behind the solo rhythm guitar also has some Univibe-mode phaser on it.

The "heavy" rhythm guitars are a blend of rectifier and JCM800. Two tracks panned left and right.

For the lead guitars I used a fuzz bender into an AC30 and added a bit of delay. The single coil tones (main solo) are from my G&L and the humbucker tones (intro lead and solo over the last chorus) are an Ibanez.

All the cabs are a Red Wirez custom blend of Marshall G12H30 and Marshall 1960 V30 that I use pretty much all the time.

I'll try to put some of these patches up later on today to the exchange.

Thanks for all the kind words!

love the AC sound, just wondering are you using the ENHANCER BLOCK on any of the set up especially with the mesa/marshall combination, seems huge

Paul

Grpaul2002 said:
love the AC sound, just wondering are you using the ENHANCER BLOCK on any of the set up especially with the mesa/marshall combination, seems huge

Paul

Nope! Not a big fan of the enhancer personally. I find the best way to get a huge rhythm sound is to combine two amps that complement each other nicely and then do two takes with the two tracks panned about 50% L and 50% R. Some people do more tracks but I think you start to lose definition on the attack with more than two...

Also, I like the dial the gain a little bit lower than I would if I were recording a single guitar. Again, the increased definition gives a bigger sound.

Excellent sounds, all of them. And great playing. I did not think that a fuzz bender in an AC30 would sound like this, gotta try it.
Thanks for sharing.

AdamCook said:
Grpaul2002 said:

Paul

Nope! Not a big fan of the enhancer personally. I find the best way to get a huge rhythm sound is to combine two amps that complement each other nicely and then do two takes with the two tracks panned about 50% L and 50% R. Some people do more tracks but I think you start to lose definition on the attack with more than two...

Also, I like the dial the gain a little bit lower than I would if I were recording a single guitar. Again, the increased definition gives a bigger sound.
On the 2nd take do you have a different eq or anything or it's exactly the same sound as the first take ?

vicknott said:
On the 2nd take do you have a different eq or anything or it's exactly the same sound as the first take ?

Which two takes are you referring to exactly?

Edit: Nevermind...just re-read the quote and it's more obvious what you were referring to.

In this case I did two takes of the same rhythm with same settings. Sometimes I mix it up with two different guitars or different amps or EQ's. I like to mix it up!

I read an interview with Slash recently where he said he hates the sound of the same amp in both left and right channels. So he doubles his classic Marshall sound with another amp on his new solo album. But sometimes the sound of one amp in both channels is the sound I am looking for. So it just depends on the situation I think.

Back
Top Bottom