Welp...today’s the day...

2F8B1E2100000578-3368578-image-m-16_1450688928659.jpg

My UPS guy delivers anywhere between 3pm and 6pm most days. The day he brought ny Axe-FX III it was after 6:30. And yes, I threw open the door and hugged him when he brought it up the walkway!

Ah, yes. The stress of OFD. Exciting, yet interminably anxiety inducing...

Out For Delivery

I scheduled mine to arrive the day after my next gig. Otherwise I'd do something stupid like try to use it without a rehearsal. :p So Friday is the day for it to arrive here in the Pacific Northwest.

Well, much like the Axe2xl+, the Axe3 has met and exceeded my expectations. I played it for hours at home today. Even through the pair Tech21 Power Engine 60’s I have at home (my Matrix amp and Mesa cabs are at the rehearsal space) the Axe3 sounded great and the new interface is so much better for editing from the front panel...still prefer to use an editor and a laptop but it’s nice to know that if I need to tweak something at a show or if I forget my laptop it will be an easy proposition to make changes.

I did a little tweaking of the basic parameters here and there but mostly auditioned all the amp models and effects individually and went through all the presets. I look forward to doing more deep editing over the weekend but I am extremely happy with the Axe3 so far. What a great next phase for an already amazing product.

I'm very happy for you guys. A III is not on the horizon for me but I am expecting the UPS guy today. He is delivering a gasket so I can fix my leaky toilet in our guest room. Trying hard to contain my excitement.
Excitement or excrement?

Back
Top Bottom