Well, somehow I screwed up 2 patches..Help..!!

Birdie

Inspired
Well, somehow I screwed up 2 patches..Help..!! Now fixed!! Thanks Everyone!!!

Somehow, as I just learning to navigate the menus, I have somehow ruined 2 patches. The weird part is, even if I reload them to the Axe, they still do not work.

Even if I put them at different locations, no matter where or how many times I re-load them, neither works.

Everything seems fine, there is signal in and everything, but just no output at all..

I cannot even imagine what I did..

I had one at 383 and the other at 382, over wrote both spots with different patches off the exchange, poof, they work fine, then re-load the ones I messed up, and poof, same thing..no output..moved them to 5 different spots..same issue..no outut..

Anyone ever deal with this before?

Sorry to be such a newb..

Last edited:
ok..i duplicated what I did, but i don't understand how it made a difference..and still dont know how to fix it.

I was on another preset and under the effect tab, I called up the preset 383 into the preset I was currently on..and now the 383 preset doesn't work..

Lots of simple things could cause this. I think the most common, besides those mentioned above are user cabs which are empty, volume block modifier is setup but no pedal is connected so it's at "0", input is set to rear instead of front. What else is there? Bypass switch is flipped?? I seem to remember that being one.

When that has happened to me, it's always one of two things (assuming all your blocks are hooked together from start to finish) -

A level on one of the blocks is all the way off

Or the cabinet(s) has disappeared.

Using AE with V. 9x FW will make that happen - but it can also fix it if you choose to use AE.

Locate the level that's all the way off and simply turn it up, probably way up or just re-select your cab(s).

In AE, if this is the case, you'll find your cab setting(s) have defaulted to something other than the usual name(s). This does tend to recur when using AE, even if you save the patch correctly.

If you have a volume block in your grid, check to make sure the slope is set to "1"... Had this happen early on with 9.02, and ended up the slope had been switched so there was essentially no volume coming out. Once you've got it back to normal, save all your banks to the internal PROM.

I do not know how to attach it..I do not have Axe Edit, but I do have the presets as they are downloaded of of the exchange.

they are the Mark day Photograph NEW and the Eruption 2 presets..

I don't get it..

I downloaded these again, uploaded/over-wrote the presets with different patches a dozen times, but every time I re-load these 2 onto the Axe II, no matter where I put them, there is no output. I can upload any other patch anywhere I want and they work fine..except these 2..

What in the hell have I done here?

There's a volume block in the preset, with the 'Volume' parameter assigned to an external controller. Remove/replace this block with a shunt and you're all good :)

I am driving myself nuts..

there is a gap in the lines when I hit the "layout" button. scrolling all the way to the right, there is a gap between the volum and 2 more squares before they get to the cab square. how do you put the lines back?

Select volume block, press enter, the second blinking block is the block the connection will be made to, press enter if the two blocks you desire to connect are blinking. Use the arrow keys to select the second block if not. If there is a gap, insert a shunt; select the empty space and turn the dial till shunt comes up, press enter. As well, I think double tapping enter will put a shunt down.

Press enter while on a block to start connecting, then choose the next block to connect to and hit enter again. It's the same process to disconnect things too, so watch what you are doing.

Have you read the manual? Check out section 4.2.

ok..figured it out!

woot..#383 is working again!

Thanks everyone!!

Sorry I am still in mega newb status! hahahaha

You guys freaking ROCK..!!!

Back
Top Bottom