Well... As I said.. I gots me an axe II!!! And all I can say is.. Holy sh.....!!!!

farrakon

Inspired
Well... I said I was going to upgrade to the axe II and... I FREAKING DID! Sold my ultra a while back to a happy customer and today the future arrived!

WOW!! Having been an ultra user.... the axe II is effin AMAZING!!! And Ive only used it through my pioneer headphones (expensive :p)... Since I learned my way quickly through the ultra it was no sweat setting a patch through the II. Set up the pvh 6160 and put the output knob all the way and set the level to 0 db and controlled the volume with the master.... This is stupid... its jus too much... Through my headphones it felt as if I was using a cab right there... All the detail.... It ANGERS ME!!! lol! The amp reacts perfectly! I am yet to start with the axe II since I just got it and just hooked my headphones to it but I KNOW I am going to enjoy this.

Thanks to randombastage for providing me with the opportunity of purchasing the axe II from you. It arrived in perfect physical condition and its working perfectly till now.

Now to set it up with my fcb 1010 and to buy some frfr or somn... them powered speakers or such.

This is where I need help... I have researched all over and read so much about so many speakers... Ive done my homework... but it seem the internet is still with limited reviews and videos of full range speakers and modellers. In the end im considering getting the electro voice 112p speaker or buy a 15" passive from carving and pair it with a crown xti 1000 power amp.... seems they would work perfectly.... What do you guys think?

I am still to react more about the axe but I just need to try through the rest of my applications first.

Last edited:
O crap I just noticed I posted this in the wrong forum... I am sorry.. I sweared I was in the review forum... I am very sorry. Should I post it again there or can this be moved?

Moved for you.

Congrats and enjoy. Lots of conversations about amps in the amp/speaker cab section here.

Thanks so much scott! Believe me I have read hundreds of posts already. I ended up looking at that combination mention in my post and wanted an opinion if that would work well (the carvin and the crown). Guess Ill post about that there.

I'm right there with you...just got the Axe II/MFC/Verve 12ma. Through headphones it rocks, through monitors it is even better...haven't hooked up the verve yet.
It is so much easier to dial than the ultra. Sounds good right out of the box.
I can't wait to load the mark day presets.
I'm stunned this sounds so good and is so easy to use. 3.04 made it even better.

Back
Top Bottom