Welcome SONNY LANDRETH

WOW, you are like bumping every news thread, what's up with that?

Mr. Nicolasrivera. I figured it would be a better way of getting my ten posts required to turn off the spam so I could post the question I'm hoping to get answers for. They were all pretty recent threads so I'm not sure what the concern is. But I figured it would be better here in this forum than in other areas of the forum where people are looking to receive help and guidance (which I unfortunately really can't provide much help with but hope to some day soon). I apologize if this offends you or anyone else in any way. It wasn't my intention at all. I guess my actions speak louder than my name ;) Best...

BTW... I'm sorry Mr. Landreth to have been apart of a derailing of this very cool announcement about your involvement with Fractal Audio Systems products. Best...

Your intent to get quickly to your posting quota was obvious, and sorta cute.....so what's yer question? Maybe sonny will will answer it......o_O

Thanks Bradlake. I don't want to derail Mr. Landreth's thread here.

But if he or anyone else would like to know what my efforts were related to and/or provide me some guidance on my current question, the thread can be found under the General Topics, Rig forum under the title:

Help me escape for a little bit: AX8 - Low cost good sounding vocal, guitar rig

BTW I love your Zappa quote. Made my day with what I'm dealing with right now. Thanks for extending the kind words. Best

Thanks Bradlake. I don't want to derail Mr. Landreth's thread here.

But if he or anyone else would like to know what my efforts were related to and/or provide me some guidance on my current question, the thread can be found under the General Topics, Rig forum under the title:

Help me escape for a little bit: AX8 - Low cost good sounding vocal, guitar rig

BTW I love your Zappa quote. Made my day with what I'm dealing with right now. Thanks for extending the kind words. Best
Right , then. BTW, my guess is that Mr.Landreth has seldom, if ever, participated in this thread.....cmon Sonny, prove me wrong (one of my favorite live Performances of all time is John Hiatt with Sonny in the band, circa 2000 or so, )

Bradlake, love your humor. Thank you.

Kind of fun stories and a little bit about me in hopes to steer this thread back into the fun light it should be receiving.

First I had know idea Sonny who you were till I just confirmed who you were right now. However, I have been fortunate to see your involvement with the related Crossroads festivals, wondered who you were, over these past couple months as I tried to escape through TV and caught these shows.

Your improvisation with Mr. Trucks has to be one of my most favorite musical experiences and I compare it to the combination of SRV and Mr. Johnny Copeland live at Montreux Jazz Festival that I caught on Direct TV years ago. Which started my interest in Blues music and me participating in all the shows I mention below. Thank you for participating in the Crossroads festivals, plus playing not so what you could call regular blues guitars (hope that's not offensive to anyone).

Fun story Sonny you may enjoy about me. Again I've done, sung played guitar, at about fifteen gigs. Whiskey, Roxy, Rainbow, xxx, mainly blues. I once had over 300 people at the Whiskey dead silent, you could hear a pin drop, while singing Robert Cray's "Time Makes Two". I always got compliments after the show about my singing. However, not so much for guitar. One guy came up to me and complimented me on my singing and then mentioned I might want to put down the guitar (no time to practice solo's as I worked on singing and getting rhythm guitar in the pocket so I would just experiment/try things, and of course your playing is always judged on your solo's). BUT I did receive compliments (from talented guys one a teacher and touring musician for a big time singer) on two songs for my guitar playing and tasty solos. Both song's I played slide on. I guess it's cause it's all about sound and feel (my small unknowledgeable opinion) vs knowing all the cool licks. Well, what do I know :)

Cheers and thanks Mr. Landreth for breathing life back into me and my musical aspirations in such a troubling time. As you are one of the main reasons why I created my thread as these Crossroads festivals reminded me of such good times. Thank you too Mr. Clapton.

Last edited:
Been lucky enough to meet and talk with him a couple of times in the past. Couldn't meet a nicer, down-to-earth guy. Scary good player!

Congratulations FAS

Back
Top Bottom