[fixed] Weird sound with SIC 1x15 Heart Key

md1234

Inspired
Is this normal? When i hit the strings harder it disappears shortly...
It is a Brit JM45 combined with SIC 1x15 Heart Key. It also happens with some other amps, like 65 Bassguy Normal, and the same SIC.

I lack knowledge on this topic, that is why i ask.
I updated today to FW5.00 - beta but i never tried this combination and it is not related to CAB Type Legacy or Dyna-Cab.
I have attached a preset. I don't know if it happens in older firmware.

Edit: see post #3 for the steps i can follow to reproduce this.

Attachments

• JM45_1x15HeartKey.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
No, it doesn't sound normal. Is there any chance you could post a screenshot of your preset, with the amp and cab view separately? (Am slightly hesitant regards downloading your preset). (Am also wondering if it might have to do with your input block threshold)

Thank you for your response. Why the hesitance?
I have nothing special. (In the preset i attached in the post #1 there is a cab block, but i can be left out.)
1689830127883.png

Reproduce
1. Go to an Empty Preset

2. Add Input1 block

3. Add Amp1 block
3a) Select TYPE: Brit JM45
3b) (Only on FW5.00 beta): On Speaker tab, select Auto Dyna-Cab Imp.: Off
3c) On Speaker tab, select Speaker Imp. Curve: 1x15 Heart Key

1689830143814.png

4) Add the Out block of your choice

5) Play the guitar

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. You're already above my pay grade regards my knowledge. I'd need to ask you to wait until either @Rex, @unix-guy, or @Greg Ferguson, or one of the more knowledgeable folks can chime in. Not sure if the speaker impedance curve is the culprit, but more knowledgable folks can help you better than myself...

I'm not sure about the comparison between your and my knowledge, but thanks for at least bumping this thread.
To be clear: the described situation is not something i need, i was just clicking around and this sounded like a bug to me. But who knows... it could be a pretty accurate modelling also. In that case i might even write a song for it ;)

No worries. For the past hour I've been fending off the huns that have been overrunning and spamming the palace courtyard...I think I need to wake the nobles who are napping...care to join me in reporting these ne'erdowells?

Who can take a few seconds to setup the preset like described in post #3 and can confirm this (or not)? (Please inform us also about the firmware version you are running.)

I will try to duplicate this tomorrow...

I am curious if you get different results with a Cab block?

Also, I noticed the Low Res Freq seems really low. Maybe since it's from a bass amp?

Ok... I reproduced this one on the FM9 just as described above.

The same steps on Axe Fx III FW 22.01 don't exhibit the same issue.

@m_brown - here is one to check out.

Back
Top Bottom