Weird sound in some amps [Solved (Ghost notes)]

Art Rodriguez

Inspired
Hey! I recently bought a Fractal FM3. It had FW7, but I updated it to FW8 some days ago, so I don't know if this is something that also happened with previous firmware versions. I was creating a preset with the amp Matchbox D-30 EF86, and I noticed a kind of harmonized sound in the background, even when I didn't add any kind of effect. Just IN1->AMP->CAB->OUT1. I recorded a sample and attached it to this post. For individual notes, it sounds like a harmonizer. I tried it with several amps, cabs, and guitars. It seems to happen to amps that have the Master Volume set to 10 by default. Is this normal? It's pretty weird in my opinion.

I also attached the preset, just in case you want to try

Attachments

• weird_sound.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • Matchbox.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Hey! I recently bought a Fractal FM3. It had FW7, but I updated it to FW8 some days ago, so I don't know if this is something that also happened with previous firmware versions. I was creating a preset with the amp Matchbox D-30 EF86, and I noticed a kind of harmonized sound in the background, even when I didn't add any kind of effect. Just IN1->AMP->CAB->OUT1. I recorded a sample and attached it to this post. For individual notes, it sounds like a harmonizer. I tried it with several amps, cabs, and guitars. It seems to happen to amps that have the Master Volume set to 10 by default. Is this normal? It's pretty weird in my opinion.

I also attached the preset, just in case you want to try
These are ghost notes, set the B+ time constant (power supply page) to 38.13 ms. ;-)

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ghost-notes.126903/

Back
Top Bottom