Weird phasing issues with fw 3.0

EpicAxe

Hello

I have this patch that has Das Metal setup panned hard left and Freidman setup panned hard right so I can record both amps at once and mix to taste in Logic. Worked great in fw2.0 but is totally phasey in fw 3.0 can't figure out why.

Thanks

Thanks Yek

That's probably what it is. But I'm a bit confused on what to do to fix this. The Das Metal setup has proximity at 4.5 (stock Mesa cab w sm57 mic sim enabled) and the Freidman setup has no proximity (RW greenback SM57 cap edge 2inches mic sim set to none)

Do I need to reset the stock Mesa cab and set proximity to 0 or turn of mic sim?

Last edited:
I'd start with setting Mic to None and Proximity to zero (both cabs) and see if this helps. If it doesn't, the phase cancellation originates from somewhere else.

Do you have room reverb in the Cabs enabled?
Which Output Mode are you using in I/O?

I'd start with setting Mic to None and Proximity to zero (both cabs) and see if this helps. If it doesn't, the phase cancellation originates from somewhere else.

Do you have room reverb in the Cabs enabled?
Which Output Mode are you using in I/O?

Speaker cab reverb is off. Using main balanced outputs and input one front panel.
I'll try turning off speaker proximity.

Thanks

If you were recording this way with two actual amp/cab setups using two different mics you'd have to play with the proximity of the actual mics to 1) find a proximity where the timing of the sound arriving at each mic was essentially the same, or 2) find a null frequency that was acceptable in terms of its effect on your tone.

An alternative would be to minutely nudge one track relative to the other once it's recorded.

Not exactly sure how Cliff models it, but my guess is you're on to something with turning off the speaker proximity.

Back
Top Bottom