Weird delay tail after patch change

tricyclerocks

Hi. I'm kinda new. I have FM3 and I swear that sometimes after I switch a patch (not just a scene), there's a significant, brief but loud, delay tail. I can't for the life of me create it every time. I know it's going from a heavy distortion patch, and that his is 100% user error somewhere. I checked and the "Spillover" setting and it is off. This burst of sound happens only occasionally (of course). What's even stranger is that it's not happening if I change right away....I can stop playing, wait 10 seconds, change to a clean patch and there's a loud tail of some sort that comes out. I haven't been able to find a similar situation online yet. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction. Thx guys.

Hi. I'm kinda new. I have FM3 and I swear that sometimes after I switch a patch (not just a scene), there's a significant, brief but loud, delay tail. I can't for the life of me create it every time. I know it's going from a heavy distortion patch, and that his is 100% user error somewhere. I checked and the "Spillover" setting and it is off. This burst of sound happens only occasionally (of course). What's even stranger is that it's not happening if I change right away....I can stop playing, wait 10 seconds, change to a clean patch and there's a loud tail of some sort that comes out. I haven't been able to find a similar situation online yet. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction. Thx guys.
does either or both presets have a Multi-Delay block in them? if so, i believe this is known and being improved in the next firmware.

Hey. Yes, absolutely. There's a "Digital Mono" delay block, then patch-switched to "Analog Mono". I'm not keen on either, so maybe just use the same one for both patches? Or try a completely different delay? The thing is a lot of my gig is theater, so I definitely need to be able to switch patches silently. Thx man for the help.

Hey. Yes, absolutely. There's a "Digital Mono" delay block, then patch-switched to "Analog Mono". I'm not keen on either, so maybe just use the same one for both patches? Or try a completely different delay? The thing is a lot of my gig is theater, so I definitely need to be able to switch patches silently. Thx man for the help.
Those aren't from the Multi-Delay, though...

I notice the same thing at times. I found it happens when the delay effect level is set alot higher on the scene or patch I’m switching to.

For instance if I switch from a standard “ always on “ delay and go to my dotted eighth note rhythmic delay ( where effect level is higher to match my original note ) if a chord is ringing out during the switch, I’ll get a split second loud echo before the new scene is loaded.

It never happens when going back to lower delay volume setting scene and it never happens if I switch it when guitar is silent.

Back
Top Bottom