weird behaviour after update

8string

Ok, so here's the deal. After updating to 6.0 I get a stutter whenever I change patches, it's like it cuts sound three times.
This happens on every patch. I did a full system reset.
Also the fan has become really noisy for some reason.

Any advice?

Kim

No, I half suspected some weird midi stuff, so I tried it with and without axe-edit. The weirdest thing is that the fan suddenly is noisy after being dead silent on 5.07

weird. i haven't experienced that. keep trying to figure out any other information and keep us updated.

I will, and sorry for the non-descriptive thread title... I should know better after frequenting forums for years and years :) why can't someone come up with a good search function? my searches came up with nada.

It happens to mine when hooked up to axe-edit along with the MFC with Total sync turned on. The signal comes in, briefly goes away and then comes back. But it's fine without Axe-Edit, So I figured that was the issue. However the OP's description differs.

Well no, that's not what happens with mine anyway. What happens is you change presets on the MFC, then the new preset sound comes on instantly, then briefly drops, then comes back. is literally a few milliseconds of lower volume. I was just attributing it to Axe Edit though, so it is less of an issue for me. The OP said that it was happening without Axe Edit, which is more of a concern.

No, I don't have a MFC yet. But it seems to be solved now, I hooked up my old midi cables and updated the firmware (for the fourth time) and patches through my T.C. Impact twin.
Might be something dodgy stuff with axe-edit.

I am having this problem this morning. If I quit Axe-edit or unplug the MFC, the problem goes away.When I relaunch Axe-edit or turn the MFC on again, the problem replicates.

Same thing here

Ok, so here's the deal. After updating to 6.0 I get a stutter whenever I change patches, it's like it cuts sound three times.
This happens on every patch. I did a full system reset.
Also the fan has become really noisy for some reason.

Any advice?

Kim

***SOLVED***

The cause of the problem is the 'Follow Axe-FX II program changes in Axe-FX Mode' mode in Axe-edit. If you disable the box, no more issues; however, you lose 'Total Sync' with Axe-edit...The MFC still detects preset changes from the Axe and vice-versa, but Axe-edit does not update if you change presets from the Axe or MFC. If you change the preset from Axe-edit, everything (Axe-edit and MFC) change in sync.

Attachments

• Axe-Edit.jpg
    Axe-Edit.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 22
I'm acting pretty normal after the update. Haven't seen much weird behavior yet. Although I have developed a strong craving for maple syrup.

Other than that no weird behavior to report.

Back
Top Bottom